Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uploading A Profile Picture

Uploading A Profile Picture

I know I'm going to be shouted out for being in wrong forum,but can anyone tell me how to upload a picky to my profile.
    Yes I'm a newbie...but you all were there one time lol ☺

Hi Damsel, Go to settings, top-right of your screen. Then look down the left-hand side for My Settings - Edit Avatar. You can choose to upload a picture from your computer, or add the link from a hosting site.

You should be able to preview it before saving too.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Hello, I've been playing Township for about 2 months now and have a couple of questions. When I put a pic on my profile it is sideways and I don't know how to rotate it. Can someone help with that. Also, I have township on my phone also. 2 different games/towns. The one on my phone has a Halloween theme right now but the one on my PC does not. Was wondering why this is. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Damsel51 View Post
    I know I'm going to be shouted out for being in wrong forum,but can anyone tell me how to upload a picky to my profile.
    Yes I'm a newbie...but you all were there one time lol ☺
    In case you have any other forum-related questions, please refer to the Forums Guide in the "New To Township?" sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by flash3992 View Post
    Hello, I've been playing Township for about 2 months now and have a couple of questions. When I put a pic on my profile it is sideways and I don't know how to rotate it. Can someone help with that. Also, I have township on my phone also. 2 different games/towns. The one on my phone has a Halloween theme right now but the one on my PC does not. Was wondering why this is. Thanks.
    It's likely because that image was taken on its side with phone/camera. I've flipped both for you.

Township Mobile &Township PC update at different times and have different features/events due to being entirely separate platforms. You can read more about platform compatibility here.
    Town: Amoria (Level 90)
    Platform: iOS (WVMX6K) + Facebook
    Always looking for friends who are kind, helpful, & design their towns to look like real ones.

Thank you Amoria. Is there a way to make this pic my avatar on Township?

Quote Originally Posted by flash3992 View Post
    Is there a way to make this pic my avatar on Township?
    To change your profile picture to something custom in Township, that photo must be your pic in Facebook and you must connect Facebook to Township. Go to your Town Hall and click the profile photo — you will see a place to connect to Facebook. Once connected, return to that spot to select your new picture.
    Town: Firenze, iOS (KN74NX), Level 90
    Co-op Leader: Aphrodite's Piers (#PHY68K)

I searched for How to add pic to my profile and it took me to this thread, but I don't see any posts around that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe13 View Post
    I searched for How to add pic to my profile and it took me to this thread, but I don't see any posts around that issue.
    Here you go Phoebe - see Firenze's post above yours for the current situation.

Okay Bess thanks. I never can tell what forum/thread to post a question in though. I can't see ploughing through hundreds of posts and when I do a search it doesn't always come up with anything close to what I want to know. Maybe there's a system or a secret to it? Lol 💚

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe13 View Post
    Okay Bess thanks. I never can tell what forum/thread to post a question in though. I can't see ploughing through hundreds of posts and when I do a search it doesn't always come up with anything close to what I want to know. Maybe there's a system or a secret to it? Lol
    You're doing fine, Phoebe - it does take a little time to gets to grips with where things are best placed. The more of the forum you read, the quicker you'll get the hang of it. The New To Township section is a good place to begin, as are the guides at the top of each subforum. Maybe choose one a day to read, and you'll be amazed how much basic stuff is answered just in those. Regarding searches, just be prepared to glance through a few likely-looking threads or titles. If you get nothing useful, changing the tense or form of the words used is sometimes enough to get the hits you want - for example, bored and boring will get you two different lists of moans to read through, lol. (Maybe don't start with those, teehee). But don't worry, as long as you show you're willing to do at least some amount of looking for yourself before asking a question, you'll find people are pretty good about helping new players and new forum users out, and the Mods are here to shuffle things if need be. We've all been there