Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Regatta FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    BrendonL, this is an amazing resource! Thanks so much.

Can you or anybody else answer this? What happens if two co-op members unknowingly choose the same task?
    They can't. Once a task is picked a 30 min timer shows.
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Quote Originally Posted by Elastar View Post
    This is REALLY helpful. Thanks.
    But I have a question: So this means I can't compete in another task till everyone in my co op is done with all their tasks?
    Laurel answered one thing, you work on your tasks independently, once you finish one you are free to pick another regardless of what other co-op members are doing.

I read your question differently. Once you have completed *all* your tasks (7 in the Wooden League and an 8th if you choose to buy it with 10T-cash) you have completed your share of the regatta. There are no additional tasks for you to do until the *next* regatta starts. What the other members are doing or how many tasks they complete will have no effect on this. Basically, you are done for the current regatta.

At that point you can just watch the progress or communicate with the other members so you can produce things they need to help them fill crates or give them things when they request them. Or you can go back to playing the game the way you did before the regatta, building community buildings, filling helicopter orders, planting trees, whatever you like to do in the game. Or, you could use the opportunity to binge-watch Game Of Thrones

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Cove View Post
    You can complete your tasks, one after another, separate from other co op racers. Be sure to check the description of the task to determine if there is a time limit. If you do not complete a task in the allotted time, it's considered a failed task.

Thanks...this does answer my question better

Thanks, Lyndie.
    Mitchell Allen

I thought we were going to compete with co-ops similar in levels. Our co-op was placed in a group where several of the co-ops had a third of their members 10 to 20 levels higher than the highest member in our co-op. How is that similar? There was no way that we could keep up or compete in that kind of environment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageSarah View Post
    I thought we were going to compete with co-ops similar in levels. Our co-op was placed in a group where several of the co-ops had a third of their members 10 to 20 levels higher than the highest member in our co-op. How is that similar? There was no way that we could keep up or compete in that kind of environment.
    They mean similar in size/number of members. You are completing individual tasks, it doesn't matter what level you are on. Pick tasks with the highest amount of points that you can complete on your level. It's the total number of points that wins. Your co-op can beat any other co-op regardless of their member's levels if you have more points

We have a few members in our co- op who will be away on holidays for two weeks and will not have access to wifi. I asked if there was a way to opt out of the regatta for this time. The answer was no.
    If you want to opt out for a week without losing the current weeks prizes, you have to adjust your setting on the Monday to 'not sailing'. At the end of that week it will default to 'sailing' again.
    So if you are going on a Saturday for two weeks and can't get to a computer on the Monday's, you will be participating even though you won't be able to do any tasks!
    The only way round this would be to leave your co-op before you go away and re-join on your return.
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Lyndie

I was under the impression that once you had unchecked Participate to regatas, YOU had to check it again. That it would not come back by itself.

Did you get that info from a dev? That change a lot!!!! As a leader we would need to battle every week to get people to uncheck it if they do not want to participate in the regatas.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Playtrix either needs to change the default to not racing, or allow leaders and co-leaders to make the change. Most times there is no way to contact a player who isn't participating and to stay competitive, leaders are forced to kick people. This seems to go against the original purpose of co ops.
    Township name: Bluewater Bay
    Township Level: 90
    Co-op: Beyond the Sea
    Zoo level 18
    iPad