Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Regatta FAQ

Thanks. I think there will be a bit of burn out with doing the Regattas after a while but I want to keep my members. Would be nice if some of the rewards were Township Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsville View Post
    If a Co-Op member decides to sit out the next Regatta and changes their setting to Not Racing, do they still get a share of the rewards that the others have earned?
    No. I'm not racing this week, and I can see the Competitions tab (with the 15 coops taking part) in the Racing window and the general leagues tab, but not the tasks and the rewards. Gives me a message saying to take part / change my settings.
    Now I'm waiting to see whether it really changes my settings back to "racing" today or tomorrow, as it was said "Saturday" (depending on timezone).

Quote Originally Posted by Valsville View Post
    Thanks. I think there will be a bit of burn out with doing the Regattas after a while but I want to keep my members.
    Nice of you
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-06-2016 at 12:56 PM.

DD

The change of setting happen on monday, after the end of the running regata and before the next one. I do not know at what time on monday it will change though.

Reading this thread, my curiosity is piqued - what happens after you reach the top tier Golden League? A new league? Or do you just try and maintain/or get the highest score?

Wait, it changes automatically on Monday from 'not participate' to 'participate'. Really?

Nana

My guess is we try to stay there but we will have to wait until someone reach that level.

Lilia

Yes, everyone is set to participating automatically every monday. It is costly when a member is gone on holidays. One of our member left on a saturday for 2 weeks. He has been marked as participating for those 2 weeks :-( He was not there to change his settings back to Not Participating.

Thanks, Graylady! Very useful info. Absolutely not convenient ((( I guess it would be better to have "not participate" as default.. But we have what we have..

@Nana I imagine once your co-op reaches the golden league you will always be in that league as long as your co-op doesn't fall down to the bottom 3 ranks. If you do then you'll be demoted to silver and your rank will be reset on the golden league leaderboards.

Every week your co-op will be doing 15 tasks in golden league along with everyone else up there competing for ranks on the leaderboards. The prizes will be the best of the best every week (if there's any noticeable difference from random buoy or chest rewards in lower leagues) since you'll be in golden league. The participate in Regatta option might come in handy there to split up teams and decide who's running the races every other week, so everything doesn't go down in flames.

The top performers in the world who either dump the most cash and/or optimize available tasks will be at the very top of the board and have to maintain that rank every week. It would make sense to have some incentive or reward for co-ops to hold onto their ranks near the top unless it's all just for show similar to the airport leaderboard...Except that it's a million times more difficult to keep your place in the golden league.

@Graylady I made a google sheet earlier today @ bit.ly/TownshipCoops. I think it might help put the overwhelming amount of players looking for and making co-ops in some order. It's open to anyone who is looking for new members or wanting to join a co-op. Feel free to add your co-op to the list, but make sure to have a quick read of the rules first.

If you are in between two buoys when the Regatta finishes and know you also won't make it to the number of points needed for the next Reward box to unlock, should you give up in the last few hours of the race? Or does you final finishing score count towards anything?

Do you know what happens to the points a player has amassed during a regatta if they leave the co-op before the end? Does there co-op keep the points?