Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Regatta FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Hi Marra

As you would not make any points in that situation, my take is that you would be demoted. Why not do the regata in alternance ? One of you each week is enough to keep going :-) This way each of you will get a break. You could even do a 1-1-2 cycle.
    Yes, that was also my expectation with how it would work.
    I really wish the regatta worked on a 'one week on, one week off' rotation.
    I do like your suggestion of us alternating, though. I'll see if the hubby agrees.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Marrra; 09-05-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Completed products need to be on the factory shelves in order to count for the regata. If you have them in the barn, they do not count.

As for opting out of the regata, the option is already there in the additional settings of my android device.
    How do I get my selected item ( honeycomb) from barn to factory shelf? Help!

If an item is in your barn, you can't use it in any way to count towards the number of items needed for a regatta task.

You have to collect an item (I.e. from your animals, from a factory, from your fields or from a ship depending on the type of item) for it to count.

Completed products need to be on the factory shelves in order to count for the regata. If you have them in the barn, they do not count.
    A word of caution: If you purchase immediate completion of a product then it never goes onto the shelf and thus it cannot be counted. It goes straight from production status to the barn -- wasted time, materials, Tcash. I am pretty certain this applies to ships, fields, and animal products as well as factories.

Quote Originally Posted by James E Lang View Post
    A word of caution: If you purchase immediate completion of a product then it never goes onto the shelf and thus it cannot be counted. It goes straight from production status to the barn -- wasted time, materials, Tcash. I am pretty certain this applies to ships, fields, and animal products as well as factories.
    Hi James,

Thank you for that word of caution. Very good point and very important !

I disagree. If I pay for a good to be finished in my factory, it moves to the shelf. I then collect it to go to my barn and it counts towards my task. Buying products from the market does not count, or getting them from teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisagrant View Post
    I disagree. If I pay for a good to be finished in my factory, it moves to the shelf. I then collect it to go to my barn and it counts towards my task. Buying products from the market does not count, or getting them from teammates.
    That is incorrect. When you pay to finish a product in the factory, it goes immediately to your barn, it does NOT go to the factory shelf.

Customer support says in response to issue #950241(?), "According to regatta rules, only those goods are counted for a task which were produced after the task was taken. But if some goods' production can't be sped up with T-cash, there might be a bug, and some screenshots would very helpful. If you can send us those, thank you in advance!"

I would appreciate it if somebody here would help document this problem for the support team. I'm in the middle of a task that would take an additional nine hours if I were to demonstrate the problem. I cannot afford to do that.

Thank you. Maybe they'll be flooded with this documentation and fix the issue. You think?

Hi James

I really do not understand the answer they gave you. It contradict my experience completely. Here are some exemples of that.

Production in one factory

If a task ask for 8 hats, I can do them all before taking the task and fill the shelves. Once I take the task, I collect them and the task is done. The game do not count what I order but what I collect. My team has been doing that every week since the beginning of the regatta. The important part is for the products to be on the shelves, not in the barn.

Getting products from the islands

I can send my boats to the island and take the task hours later when I am ready to unload the ships. If the task need 2 trips to the island, we have to take the task before u loading the ships to send them out again. The goods need to be ON the ships when we take the task.

Crops

Again the game take into account what I collect, not what I plant. I can plant 40 cacao, do other tasks and pick up that one only 8 hours later when I am ready to collect them. If we need to do many rounds of plantation, we need to take the task before we empty the fields and sow again.

Granted, there are some tasks we cannot start in advance : mining, feeding the animals, filling the zoo baskets, airplanes, trains to name a few. For these we need to take the task first.

P.S. what was the problem you were inquiring about? You do not mention it at all and I cannot figure it out. I have no clue and do not understand what they are asking for. Hard to help in that case.
    Last edited by Graylady; 09-17-2016 at 08:58 PM. Reason: add P.S.

As I read these last few messages, the central issue surrounds exactly 1 case:

What happens to a factory product that you speed up to completion with T-Cash.

A) Does it go to the shelves and hence can be "collected" and count towards completion of the task.

B) Does it go directly to the barn, does not pass "GO", and therefore does *not* count towards completion.

Multiple people claim both behaviors are true, which does not make sense to me unless there is a difference in the Android and iPad/iOS versions of the game and how they each treat this specific case.

So, more data, preferably with screenshots is needed. I personally do not have the time to do an experiment since I am way behind on my regatta tasks and low on T-Cash.