Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do Other Co-ops Handle Reserving Tasks?

This is how we handle reserving tasks in our co-op: I glance down to the other end of the couch and say something like......do you want the (fill in task here), or “I am going to do the (fill in task here)”. Quite effective I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
    This is how we handle reserving tasks in our co-op: I glance down to the other end of the couch and say something like......do you want the (fill in task here), or “I am going to do the (fill in task here)”. Quite effective I might add.
    LOL! a wild guess: a two person coop?
    (or do you have a mirror at the end of your couch? )

Lol two person co-op, but I do talk to myself quite often.

Having multiple reservations work with a small co-op. There were 6 of us, we could each reserve 2 tasks. We use an eye-catching emoji in the chat so it stands out (like red dots/circles), then change our town name to reflect the reserved task. Another extra step we take is that our leader or co-leaders would summarize all reserved tasks (very easy to do since we were only 6) so it gets bumped to the top of the chat. And last step is to send an inbox message to the whole team for a recap of all reserved tasks. In conclusion, redundancy is the best policy when it comes to reserving tasks that way nobody can claim they didn't "see" that a task was reserved.

We use line app for communication. And we have a no hold policy on Hol. Other tasks 2hr hold. Longer task holds up to 8hrs for prep.

Reserving tasks clogs up the board. If you're co-op is competitive and/or going for the GLB, you need to have as few reservations as possible. We only reserve for long crop tasks.

We have pretty much the same rules Shaquioa (love your name, btw) but allow holds up to 6 hours and 8 hours for island tasks since many send their ships out before they go to bed! We have gotten this running very smoothly now! I also have a co-op group on Messenger so that we can have discussions about the way we will operate as a co-op. All our racing members like being able to request a task in advance. Mistakes happen, “reserved” tasks get taken but usually an apology makes everything okay again! I love my team! (And they seem to love having me as leader!)

Love it Kipp!