Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop Complaining People... It's A Game!! You Should Say....THANK YOU DEVS <3

Stop Complaining People... It's A Game!! You Should Say....THANK YOU DEVS <3

First I want to say THANK YOU to all the people who make this game so much fun! That being said, I am sorry for all the complainers who use your event page to complain about everything they can think of.

Problems with the game I can understand but wanting you all to customize the game to suit their needs is ridiculous.
    We all started playing because we enjoy it and have stayed for that same reason. I LOVE all the new changes and am sad to see this regatta is missing mystery tasks and other special tasks that earn extra points for the seasonal decos.
    People are actually posting that they can’t win the regatta because other teams can start the race earlier than they can.
    THE RACE IS POINT BASED people it does not matter who starts first, it matters how many 135 point tasks are completed!

Oh and I read a post that said they were deleting filling crates because they took too long, you can tell they don’t help others or they would know that ALL crates count per task (all planes or trains).

I could go on and on about the things I have read but I will stop there.

I hope that the missing mystery tasks is not permanent. I love them as do most of my team mates!

Again thank you for making Township so much fun that I spend way to much time playing lol and please know that for every person that complains you have 10 who love the game and appreciate all your hard work!!
    Last edited by Firenze; 10-25-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Fixed spacing for readability

Hi Dee,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for bringing your enthusiasm and positivity! This forum is largely used and run by other players, though Playrix admin pops in from time to time so they may see your message.

It may be helpful to know that the Regatta seasons go on for four weeks then there is an interim week of “regular” (non-seasonal) racing before the next season begins. The Mystery Tasks come and go with the seasons and the other Seasonal Tasks (smelting, filling crates, etc) change each time. More info here.

A quick note regarding Regatta winners: Starting time doesn’t determine winners but it may affect the kind of teams you are matched against. (As far as I recall, that is unconfirmed officially and this is what is said). Finishing *time* also does not matter, though *how much time* you took to race is what determines a tie. For more info, see this post.

Once again, welcome to the forums! If you haven’t yet, be sure to check out the links in my signature for Forum Rules and Tips for New Players (even if you’re not new, you might find something interesting!).
    Last edited by Firenze; 10-25-2017 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Clarification, typos

New Member Diane De Assis Villela's Avatar
    I love township ! I do get mystery tasks in both seasons they will pop up again!

Dee, the mystery tasks will return next season. This race is a non-seasonal race, so there wont be any mystery tasks

Thank you for the warm welcome and the great info! I love this game and hate to see people tear each other down. Great to know about the seasons my team will be happy to it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Kiesling- Velador View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome and the great info! I love this game and hate to see people tear each other down. Great to know about the seasons my team will be happy to it <3
    Welcome Dee, hope you enjoy the forum! I’d like to point out that most often people complain because it is our sole means of giving Playrix feedback, and they do see and sometimes respond to these opinions come update time if they’re widely held enough. While we do get a few people who join to complain about something very specific to them & then never come back, for the most part those like myself who do feel free to express dissatisfaction do also contribute positive comment on the things we most love. If I agree, I say so, if I don’t, I say that too. For me, that (and advising and informing new players) is the whole point of the forum.

A complaint is actually the negative expression of a positive desire.

Devs of any game with an internet forum get complaints all the time. All. the. time. Some choose not to participate in the forum for that reason. Some only read the forum when they can stomach it (also depending on the amount of toxicity in the community). Or when their boss forces them to. Or they rely on their CM to make digests for them (praise our CMs as well!). Some face the brunt of any storm we can summon them - go go superhero dev! But each and any dev deals with it in their own way regardless.

Still it's good to realize what a complaint really is. Underneath the "I hate this" there always is a "I would love that". And that's where we go from "criticism" to "constructive criticism". Not just saying "I hate this", but also explaining why and what you'd love to see differently. Which is among many other things (like server metric and player activity stats) very valuable feedback any dev worth his or her grain can't really do without.

So sure, give yer dev a pat on da shoulder when they deserve it!

But don't forget constructive criticism when you feel the need to and think it's relevant and important enough. You wouldn't want the devs to miss out on an opportunity to improve the game for all of us now would you?

Now, if any of you just want to vent your righteous anger, well, I suppose that can indeed be beneficial to your personal health. And sometimes needed. But you might regret it the next day. I for one surely am not interested in unreasonable angry rants, unless it's one of those days that I'm into Schadenfreude and would find your incessant fuming hilariously funny. Realize that you can express your anger without making it public! This forum enables you to type down the nastiest, angriest, ugliest things! But it also grants you the choice to Cancel posting what you just wrote. Consider giving it a try when the next time the red veil blurs your eyesight happens, cancelling your post has the added benefit of preventing moderation disciplinary actions as well

Just gonna leave this here for safe-keeping.... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    Realize that you can express your anger without making it public! This forum enables you to type down the nastiest, angriest, ugliest things! But it also grants you the choice to Cancel posting what you just wrote. Consider giving it a try when the next time the red veil blurs your eyesight happens, cancelling your post has the added benefit of preventing moderation disciplinary actions as well

(PS: to be clear for OP Dee, I believe the “you” in Vuurvl’s line there was more generic to troublemakers not personal to you!)

Oh yeah, nothing of what I wrote there was written aimed at anyone specific. If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't, toss it away. And if people just don't care or like the shoe at all, that's their prerogative and I'm cool with that as well.

People complain because they love the game and want to keep playing. As long as people are complaining it shows there is continued interest. If people stopped complaining it would mean interest in the game is slowing down. I don't want to see that happen.

Some of the complaints are really valid and every once in awhile if the developers listen, it helps them improve the game. Personally if I was in their shoes I'd rather see people complain and ask for things to change rather than just quitting the game.

That said though I think some of the complaining here sounds entitled, especially when people complain that they can't afford to spend real money on playing, or that those who can have an unfair advantage. I have never seen any other game offer so many ways to earn in-game currency without spending any real world money at all. This game is really generous, but the developers have to make a living somehow.