Thread: Same Timezone vs Different Timezone in Co-op Members

Same Timezone vs Different Timezone in Co-op Members

Just wondering, what are the pros and cons of having a co-op with members in the same timezone vs members in different time zones?
    Town Name: HelpALot
    Started Playing: 17 Aug 2017
    Platform: Android
    Timezone: GMT+8

Join our co-op

Co-op name: Happy Sails
    Co-op Tag: #HPS4PE

I try to not be addicted to this game, but so far, it's a futile effort.

Good question Jary, many don’t think about this until they fall victim to the cons.. off the top of my bleary head, here are some issues;

In a big coop, it’s nice to have a wider time period where players are active, regardless of their formal time zone. It means there’s usually someone around whenever individuals are online, it keeps regatta tasks turning over well, because dumping is more regular, and it means there’s less competition for tasks all at once.

In a small coop it can make giving and taking help really tough, which is a particular issue with luck and crate tasks. It can also mean there are players in the group who may rarely see each other, which isn’t ideal if you want effective teamwork and coordination. And it’s just generally less sociable and can be a bit lonely.

In short, if I were building a coop from scratch, ideally I’d start with members who overlapped my usual active periods and then widen it as I increased membership. Obviously, it’s hard enough to gather like-minded people even without taking that into account, but it can really affect a team negatively if you don’t consider it.

Thanks Bessville, very well said
    Town Name: HelpALot
    Started Playing: 17 Aug 2017
    Platform: Android
    Timezone: GMT+8

Join our co-op

Co-op name: Happy Sails
    Co-op Tag: #HPS4PE

I try to not be addicted to this game, but so far, it's a futile effort.

Agree with Bess. Biggest pro for us is the players on the other side of the world can fill my trains and planes while I sleep. Biggest con is sometimes we don't "see" each other as much as we'd like.

Having a co-leader active at all times of the day is important. And the flip side is that co-leaders (or at least elders) who are on a very different time zone have to BE active.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 101 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9