Thread: How Can I Organize A Co-op Without Cheating Members?

How Can I Organize A Co-op Without Cheating Members?

As leaders of a co-op racing for ranking, my friends and I have been trying our best to make sure that every new player join us do not cheat in game.

Every week we pay a lot in racing ,but we can not avoid members being banned fairly or unfairly. So all the members left would be "published" too, that's really unfair.

We seem to run out of ideas about the issue, suggestions are wanted from you!!!

It is less unfair to have cheaters banned than it would be to have them get away with it. Them getting banned harms your race for that one week. But all the weeks they got away with it, you profited, whether you knew it or not. All you can do is send a very clear message to your team that you will remove and report any member who you believe is cheating, because you wish to protect your team from the harm they risk causing you. Being associated with cheaters could get all of you banned, innocent or not. Publicly act if you believe a member is cheating, so you send the rest of your team a clear message that you do not tolerate it, watch your team closely, don’t be afraid to question their methods, and don’t let new members race until you know them. At your level, where cheating is unfortunately more common, you should only race with people you trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    It is less unfair to have cheaters banned than it would be to have them get away with it. Them getting banned harms your race for that one week. But all the weeks they got away with it, you profited, whether you knew it or not. All you can do is send a very clear message to your team that you will remove and report any member who you believe is cheating, because you wish to protect your team from the harm they risk causing you. Being associated with cheaters could get all of you banned, innocent or not. Publicly act if you believe a member is cheating, so you send the rest of your team a clear message that you do not tolerate it, watch your team closely, don’t be afraid to question their methods, and don’t let new members race until you know them. At your level, where cheating is unfortunately more common, you should only race with people you trust.
    I feel so bad because we profit nothing but harm all my old friends this two week.They are banned at the first week I let them in. I feel so sorry about friends trusting me.So should I not let any new in then?

Quote Originally Posted by SMILYCN View Post
    I feel so bad because we profit nothing but harm all my old friends this two week.They are banned at the first week I let them in. I feel so sorry about friends trusting me.So should I not let any new in then?
    Personally, I let people in, but like to get to know them at least a bit to test how well they fit in, and I also like them to put in some time just helping before I race with them. All of that is to reduce the risk of potential damage to the team. You can never protect yourself from cheaters entirely, either in your team or in the teams you race against, it’s just an unfortunate part of the game, particularly at the most competitive end. I think by knowing your members well, you may slightly reduce the likelihood of having cheaters in your ranks. It’s harder to risk hurting people you know and like, after all. I also don’t like having more than one or two new members at a time, again, to reduce the risk of damage.

Maybe you can ask new members to opt out for a week or two to get a better feel for how they play. If they aren't willing to do that, it might tell you something. This is a tough one, sorry you have this issue.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 101 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9