Thread: How Many Co-ops In A Regatta?

How Many Co-ops In A Regatta?

Our regatta group has changed this morning. We now have 17 co-ops in our race. That doesn't seem right? I thought there was a maximum of 15? Does this happen more often?

Not sure, but at least during last regatta many groups were reshuffled once or twice. It seems the matching algorithm sometimes arrives to these unusual numbers. My guess your group has a chance to be reshuffled again. If you feel like you must, you can contact the technical support from the game interface.
    Co-op: Culture
    #CUNEWW

Town: Just Read The Instructions
    level 71, zoo 19

I hope they reshuffle our group again, we are suddenly competing very strong teams now, high on the international leaderboard. No fun in racing like this, but that happens more often.

But 17 teams in one group are too many. I will think about sending a message.

We have only 11 in our race this week. Very weird. Also concerning since we are in 7th place currently but against several top 100 teams, even though we rank about 1280 on the global leader board. If we fall to the bottom 3, even though that isn't in "becalmed", would we still get demoted?

Hi debville, according to the wiki, you would get demoted, but players have reported on here, that they did actually remain in the same league.

We have also been reshuffled. From a fair field of 8 yesterday to an extremely uneven field of 18 today, where we have no hope of even coming close to the podium.
    Last edited by Pink; 10-18-2017 at 04:16 PM.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

A couple of observations on this:

If you'll notice, when the regatta starts, if you tap on the "Race" tab, you get a message saying, in essence, that you will be entered in a race as soon as someone on your team selects a task (i.e., "Start").

The regatta rules state, again in essence, that you have until the last few hours (5) of the regatta to pick your first task.

This means that for 5 Days and 19 Hours, new teams can continue to pop up in the regatta. These teams need to be placed somewhere and chances are they will be plopped down into a race with teams that have already scored points. Various "pairing rules" will force these newly entered team into groups with similar number of racers, etc.

Naturally, you don't want teams to end up in regattas with only 1 or 2 teams (otherwise everybody would wait until the end to join). So a re-shuffling is probably necessary to balance out the races to get the target of 15 racing teams in each. Math, being what it is, rarely comes out exactly even so any left over teams will either go into groups that already have 15, which may be why you see 16 or 17 occasionally or you end up with a regatta of 10 or 11.

The actual "pairing rules" are a total mystery to us mortals, Playrix has not revealed their methods or algorithms so we are forced to "observe, report, and guess" on what they are. But based on reported observations, we can probably continue to expect the competition to change over the course of the race, sometimes with dramatic impacts. What this says to me is that you should always race at your full speed and not slow down because you have a substantial lead, you never know who might pop in at the last moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Hi debville, according to the wiki, you would get demoted, but players have reported on here, that they did actually remain in the same league.

We have also been reshuffled. From a fair field of 8 yesterday to an extremely uneven field of 18 today, where we have no hope of even coming close to the podium.
    Ah, we are not the only one with this problem I see. Our only hope this week we don't get demoted to the silver league. The podium is way out of our reach, since the new teams in our race are in top 100 of the global leaderboard.

It would be nice if Playrix would pitch those teams against each other instead of placing them against teams who are in posision 8000+ on the Glb.