Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Leaderboards & Regional Leaderboards

Global Leaderboards & Regional Leaderboards

I can understand a global leaderboard... But how can it be allowed that non american (clearly non american just by their names alone of their co op and their players and language) are in the american leaderboards also? I've seen a co op that has a level 23 as the LEADER only to get them in the american boards?

Sorry but there's no point in even having an american list if it's still global.

Quote Originally Posted by Ackturi View Post
    I can understand a global leaderboard... But how can it be allowed that non american (clearly non american just by their names alone of their co op and their players and language) are in the american leaderboards also? I've seen a co op that has a level 23 as the LEADER only to get them in the american boards?

Sorry but there's no point in even having an american list if it's still global.
    Why do you even care? And why should US nationals get their own exclusive division within a Russian game when no other single nation does? I’m a Brit, leading a coop that’s currently majority US, but with members from elsewhere too. With whom do you think we should compete?
    Last edited by Bessville; 10-18-2017 at 06:46 AM.

I guess somebody discovers that America is neither US only nor exclusively English-speaking.
    Co-op: Culture
    #CUNEWW

Town: Just Read The Instructions
    level 71, zoo 19

That's my point. I don't understand why they separated the leaderboards to have global and america...

I'm not asking for only america i'm saying it's not needed.

I never read "America" as strictly "The United States of America" but rather "America(s)" meaning North America, South America, Central America, and the various Islands in the Caribbean and Atlantic. This is consistent with the other two choices: Europe and Asia, both "continental references".

But back to the intent of the original posting, just what does it serve to have "regional groupings" for the leaderboards? Is it just for "local bragging rights"? Are there additional prizes for winning your "region"? Is it "enforceable", that is, what keeps me from joining the "Asia" leaderboard? I have team members in India, 4 in Europe, and 3 in the USA, what do I pick as my region?

So, what use is this additional breakdown of "leaderboard"?

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I never read "America" as strictly "The United States of America" but rather "America(s)" meaning North America, South America, Central America, and the various Islands in the Caribbean and Atlantic. This is consistent with the other two choices: Europe and Asia, both "continental references".
    That's what I thought too, and if that is not what it means then, I agree with "why additional breakdown"?
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

I have no idea why they introduced these continent tab. So far I can only see a bragging right. I guess a leader can change his setting until his team start showing in the top 200 in one of the continent.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 204, Zoo 194 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

I always assumed it was just an arbitrary method of splitting us up into more manageable portions for matching purposes and possibly for increasing the likelihood of you racing against teams in a similar time zone. I figured it was more for Playrix’s sake than the players. A game admin thing. I always assumed it was a non-issue, not of crucial importance, or they’d set it for us, rather than leaving the choice of region up to us. We always get a mixture of coops from all over the world in our European races. It can be wall to wall Asian teams one week, a sprinkle of Russian names in with English Lang the next, or German, or whatever you can think of, and many coops seem are too mixed to even tell what the dominant nationality is. Never given it much thought tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I always assumed it was just an arbitrary method of splitting us up into more manageable portions for matching purposes and possibly for increasing the likelihood of you racing against teams in a similar time zone.
    That would at least make some sense to me.

Yea, Graylady -- "mines bigger than yours" (ha ha). This week my SOS: Sailing on Solo, needs to be changed to what it means "Save our Ship." Bessville, do you think this may be just "another distraction" from those Regatta Rewards? You and DD were "cracking me up" last night with this discussion.
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769