Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can events last longer?

Joris

Can events last longer?

Hi guys!

First of all, you're doing a super job on this, it is by far the best sim I played on my phone and I have spent many hours in it now.

However, due to my job being intense and therefor not being able to play all day long or check my phone every so often, I barely manage to get the most out of the amazing events you push in the game. Some lasting only 2 or 3 days tops. Usually I don't even get the second tier completed when it is completed... I am thankful of the communitygoal giving me 10 bucks hehe, but yeah.

Is it maybe possible to let events last one or maybe even two weeks so the less active players among us can get them all complete as well? Loved the one with the flowers and the current one is epic too!

Thanks in advance!

Joris

Susie Breden
    I think 6 days is long enough....too long, actually. Especially when you've achieved all of the rewards in the 1st or 2nd day. By the 6th day, I'm usually so bored with it that I can't wait for it to be over. Two weeks would be torturous as far as I'm concerned!

Hi Joris. Welcome to the Forum. Susie is correct, most events run for 6 days. What device are you playing on?
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Shawn Davis

Keeping everyone happy!?

Depending where the event is held, I have had 3 days except the under water event. The sell items for a "great price", are for 3 on my android tablet. I am on level 51 I think. My thoughts are if you have reached the end then of course don't play, but for the next guy who hasn't reached the end maybe extending the time wouldn't hurt anyone? How about a panel with choices of events to choose from?

Susie Breden
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Davis View Post
    Depending where the event is held, I have had 3 days except the under water event. The sell items for a "great price", are for 3 on my android tablet. I am on level 51 I think. My thoughts are if you have reached the end then of course don't play, but for the next guy who hasn't reached the end maybe extending the time wouldn't hurt anyone? How about a panel with choices of events to choose from?
    Hi Shawn,

When a 6 day event is going on you can't just not play when you've reached the end. Like with the under water event, you get tools with each helicopter order you fill and those tools take up barn space, so if you don't play and don't use the tools, your barn stays full. So unfortunately, you're kinda forced to play whether you want to or not. I don't mind the 3 day sale events. I just ignore them.

Joris
    Hi Susie,

Thanks for your replies, but i think you are missing my point a little. I can understand that an event can get you bored or crazy after a few days if you play a lot, but as I stated in my post, I am unable to play as much as I want, which makes me miss a lot. Sometimes I don't even manage to login once every day. Planes? Forget it... Maybe managed to send a full plane four times before the time runs out, so i ignore that one as you do with the sell events.

Perhaps there is a solution though? What if a community goal is set for say, 6 days. If it is done, that goal closes, but your personal goal can take up to two weeks and it closes automatically once you are done with the last one? This way I get a fighting chance for the goodies, without bothering anyone with it. This event ended even too soon to get the community goal done, so I can't be the only one with this problem?

I play on windows phone btw, can't remember ever seeing it last longer than 4 days, but that could be my sporadic logging in.

Cheers.

As I remembered all the events last for 7 days. This time the event in windows phone was "On the trails of Dinosaur" which started on 23 July.
    But some players got it 5 days later on 28th June including me due to some glitches. So the township team had to increased the event for 3 more days. But still some people got 3 more days and some not again and they'd also increased the goal. So that's why we weren't able to reach the community goal and some people don't even reached the personal goal to get the dinosaur.
    In my case, I'd to spent 50 tcash to get the dinosaur.

So I agree with you a little longer event will be much appreciated.
    TOWN: Bhaarat
    PLATFORM: Windows Phone 8.1
    TOWN LEVEL: 68
    ZOO LEVEL: 12
    BARN SIZE: 685

Read this before posting! Ideas that cannot be implemented at this time (or ever)
    http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....time-(or-ever)

Reading through this thread, I believe the shorter time for events seem to only impact Windows phone players. All the rest of us get more than adequate time for events. Sounds like a Windows issue that needs to be taken up with the development team.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Susie Breden
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulshan Bisht View Post
    As I remembered all the events last for 7 days. This time the event in windows phone was "On the trails of Dinosaur" which started on 23 July.
    But some players got it 5 days later on 28th June including me due to some glitches. So the township team had to increased the event for 3 more days. But still some people got 3 more days and some not again and they'd also increased the goal. So that's why we weren't able to reach the community goal and some people don't even reached the personal goal to get the dinosaur.
    In my case, I'd to spent 50 tcash to get the dinosaur.

So I agree with you a little longer event will be much appreciated.
    I guess things are much different for Windows phone because the rest of us didn't have an event June 23rd or June 28th, and we didn't have an event about dinosaurs. Events are for 6 days for all other platforms. Except the mini "clear the barn" type events that are for 3 days.

Yes the latest event was very time consuming. To have 19 minutes to analyse each potential fossil and then have to manually add more each time plus mining time. I feel it was too much. I play very often and still only managed to complete the personal goal a day before the event finished. I feel that it was spoilt by having too much to do in so little time.