Thread: Tasks Value

Unhappy Tasks Value

I have just completed my tasks in the current Regatta and find it annoying that sometimes i do not have a 135 task to select. It may be 'fair' in that the same applies but it isn't fair in terms of smaller teams. If a small team is to compete at all we should be able to at least be able to fight hard by selecting 135s as much as we can.

You can dump all lower value tasks until you get 135s. Everyone does that, there are many co-ops that do 135 pts tasks exclusively.
    The frequency of 135s appearing is random, and varies from week to week.

I was under the impression that a town incurred penalties for dumping tasks in the regatta, is this the case or not?

The dump penalty (the amount of tasks dumped by the co-op in one race divided by the number of participating members) applies only to golden league, and it matters only if you're interested in the Leaderboad scores.
    There's no subtraction of points in the individual race.

Thanks for the clarification, I've been to nervous about losing points to dump any task since starting my own co-op.

You're welcome, you can read the thread Penalty for Dumping Regatta Tasks for more info about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza400000 View Post
    I was under the impression that a town incurred penalties for dumping tasks in the regatta, is this the case or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    The dump penalty (the amount of tasks dumped by the co-op in one race divided by the number of participating members) applies only to golden league, and it matters only if you're interested in the Leaderboad scores.
    There's no subtraction of points in the individual race.
    One important addition/clarification (the explanation is also in the linked thread, but JIC):

This is for dumping tasks from the task board, BEFORE they are taken.
    Only Leaders, Co-leaders and Elders can do that (IOW, not members).

If anyone dumps a task AFTER having started it (=cancel), the task will count for the racing person and the Coop as failed.

That doesn’t do what I was asking for. Yes you can dump but unless I am missing something it can only be done after you start a task. That means you reduce the number of tasks you can complete. The result of that would counteract the point of wanting tasks worth 135 surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Grey View Post
    That doesn’t do what I was asking for. Yes you can dump but unless I am missing something it can only be done after you start a task. That means you reduce the number of tasks you can complete. The result of that would counteract the point of wanting tasks worth 135 surely?
    yes, you missed my reply in this thread: Leaders, Co-leaders and Elders can dump a task BEFORE it is taken, and it will not be counted. Pls read the rest (f.e. in linear mode). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Grey View Post
    Being a small team actually makes task selection easier. A larger team needs a greater number of tasks on total, so has to dump far more low ones to get enough 135s to go around. And you will only race against teams of the same size as you, so are at no disadvantage in the race.

As DD says, anyone above member status should be dumping tasks (WITHOUT selecting to start them) regularly to keep a good selection of 135s on the board. That’s how it works.