View Poll Results: What colors would look best for the Kitchen Wallpaper?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Change

3 16.67%
  • Bright Color w/ detail

1 5.56%
  • Neutral Color w/ detail

9 50.00%
  • Solid Bright Color

0 0%
  • Solid Neutral Color

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Designs are Ugly!

New kitchen wallpaper please?

I usually don't give suggestions on games but I really can't stand all 3 wallpaper options for the kitchen. They look so messy, gaudy and granny style. Is it possible to have just a plain colored/white wall/a subtle design as an option instead please? I've been stuck in the kitchen area for some time now and it's an eyesore to see the wallpaper.

I’m curious, I just picked my floor tile, but it looks horrible w/the striped wallpaper that I picked earlier.... is there any way to switch my selection of wallpaper (or any item in any room)? I’d like for my rooms to look aestecially pleasing, but now the kitchen looks soooo icky!!

Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    I’m curious, I just picked my floor tile, but it looks horrible w/the striped wallpaper that I picked earlier.... is there any way to switch my selection of wallpaper (or any item in any room)? I’d like for my rooms to look aestecially pleasing, but now the kitchen looks soooo icky!!
    There are 3 choices for every item you get, you can choose once when you first place it, and if you change your mind, you can tap and hold the item you want to change and you can make the choice again.

Thank you SOOOOOOOO MUCH!! I’m going to go play around w/my rooms now!!

Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    Thank you SOOOOOOOO MUCH!! I’m going to go play around w/my rooms now!!
    have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany Clarke View Post
    It gets worse. The couch, dining table, chairs, and carpet don't even remotely match the previous 3 kitchen styles. So, you have to think of the other half of the room as completely separate rather than what it is - part of the same room.
    I just got to the chairs for the dining table and they don't even match the table or other decor?? Sure, pink chairs, oak table, green rug, other wood for sofa and small table

Boy, I am really trying here, way "outside of my decorating box" (lol), and I have not even made it to the kitchen furniture. I keep thinking its got to get a little "color matching" better? I do wonder who came up with the color design...

Angry

The little sofa you get for the kitchen is green or blue, but a totally different green from the floor tiles and the wallpaper and cabinets. The refrigerator does not match anything. The windows and the curtains don't match anything. It's like let's pick totally different colors and shades of greens. I can't get over the bright teal windows with the drab orange curtains or pink and white curtains to match the bright green wallpaper and the brown floor and the light baby blue couch. What the? All the shades and color families have not one to do with the other.

What looks like an a tsunami nightmare is the kitchen during the cooking show. I hope this will all be able to come down. Bad enough nothing matches but these decorations and the poster on the fridge really make the place look tacky like a drunk rainbow threw up.

I think the idea for the kitchen is to make it look a like a cozy, old fashioned country kitchen. I went with greens for the wallpaper and cabinets, and even the oval carpet has some green in it. The flooring was the toughest choice, but I went with the brighter white squares with the small black diamonds, as it lights up the whole room. Just like Gardenscapes, Playrix does tend to favour overdecorating, but that too looks old fashioned and warm. I sort of like the feel of my kitchen, and imagine it would be a bright and cheery place to enter.