Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Building Material Shortage (After Building Multiple Community Buildings)

Soso dodo
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniebel884 View Post
    This suggestion doesn't always work either, I have been waiting nearly a week for bricks. I have deleted numerous slabs & glass which hasn't helped. I have only 1 community building waiting to finish. Also I cannot expand as I cannot get saws, same issue!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Annie, the suggestion does work, you are just expecting too much, too soon.

Saws are the rarest tool for clearing land and take longer to get - but you will get them.

Edit: Some players upgrade their trains for time - so that they come quicker and more often. Your needed bricks mostly come from your trains.
    Quote Originally Posted by conmicon View Post
    yea it does work. there was a time my cb required 6 slabs while bricks and glasses already met the need amount. the next two trains cam and carried 6 slabs and 1 glass. You know, in the early levels when you don't have a mine or need tools for expansion, try to stay in that condition a little longer. You'll get to upgrade your barn and hoard a lot of cb buiding mats. I have a second town which i dont repair the mine nor expand to the point it requires spade. the trains arrive with cb mats and barn tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniebel884 View Post
    Well it is nice that it works for you, but it doesn't work for me at the moment. It makes for very frustrating game play !

CathyVdW
    I have the same problem...I have almost a dozen buildings in progress too I don't seem to get many slabs & now I know why. I'll give this a try & hopefully work my way out soon. Thanks for the help!!!

Milan
    Quote Originally Posted by conmicon View Post
    You know, in the early levels when you don't have a mine or need tools for expansion, try to stay in that condition a little longer. You'll get to upgrade your barn and hoard a lot of cb buiding mats. I have a second town which i dont repair the mine nor expand to the point it requires spade. the trains arrive with cb mats and barn tools.
    At which point exactly should I stop expanding? Is there a tips-for-newbies thread?

Ruth UK
    Milan, yes, it's called New to Township.

Milan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth UK View Post
    Milan, yes, it's called New to Township.
    Sorry can't find it? I've read "Best tip for new players" but it only says to expand early and far.
    I'm afraid if I expand too far, trains will start to bring shovels and other things when I want to focus on expanding the barn and finishing those 4 community buildings I've started.

I only expanded when I needed space to put a new building. But there's no right and wrong. I don't know if there is a thread just on expanding, but the main thing is only to have one new building on the go at once. This should keep the balance of tool fairly even.
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Anniebel884
    It seems to work for some, but some of us aren't so luckly, it takes me 2-3 weeks of daily game play to upgrade a building. I just wish we could trade building items like other games, would make the game less frustrating.

The amount of time it takes (me) to upgrade community buildings is the one thing I dislike about Township. I am guessing the algorithm is trying to force me to purchase the items, but this type of misguided programming just makes it less likely lol, I refuse to be forced into anything.

At this time I'm weeping for bricks. I'm at the end of level 65 so the music venue is going to be available at level 66 but I have only 19 glass 19 slabs and zero bricks and at the zoo koala enclosure just keeps staring at me for 1 week I guess since it also needs bricks and I'm at the end of level 10 in zoo ao the next enclosure will also just keep staring at me since I am going to have 1 community building and 2 enclosures after one or two day but not enough materials to build them. At this I have only one thing enough that is timber which 42 and just taking my barn space.
    TOWN: Bhaarat
    PLATFORM: Windows Phone 8.1
    TOWN LEVEL: 68
    ZOO LEVEL: 12
    BARN SIZE: 685

Read this before posting! Ideas that cannot be implemented at this time (or ever)
    http://forum.playrix.com/showthread....time-(or-ever)

Peppermint1308
    I would say that it does work. I had 7-9 buildings in progress and slowly finished them one at a time. I am now on my last building and 3 trains arrived this morning, each carrying my needed glass. So now instead of needing around 10 glass to finish it, I just need 2 more.

Well done. From now on, one at a time should be much easier, and quicker in the long run.
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45