Thread: XP Points for specific tasks + random questions

goddessintraining

XP Points for specific tasks + random questions

Hey there! I was wondering if there is a list or guidelines on XP & leveling up? I know patience is a virtue when it comes to Township but other than filling orders, what's the best way to gain XP? I played Township on my Android years back & got fairly high up so the lower 30 levels are feeling like a drag.

Peaches & watermelon are strictly island products, correct?

Is a 2nd foundry a good idea? I'm sick of not having bars to level up. But then there's always the barn space problem! When did you find a happy medium with storage? I'm assuming upgrading factories for speed helps since keeping stock isn't as crucial. Suggestions on what and what not to keep stocked?

Not many of my friends need help lately. I guess it's because of the co-op? Sigh.

Sorry for the novella.

Thanks in advance! Happy townshipping!

Hi,
    As you so rightly say, lesson 1 is patience.😉
    I would say yes to the second foundry. On my second town I opened it as soon as I could. If you look at the list of tools needed for your next building and delete any excess, that should help your barn space. When you have enough ingots for an upgrade, you'll notice that you can only reduce the time on every other level, so I would upgrade the xp next, then time, then xp etc etc. Another help with barn space is to upgrade to an extra shelf, as you can leave your stock on the factory shelves until you need it. If you have the gems, then you can also buy a booster to double xp.
    Yes peaches and melons come from the islands by ship.
    I try to keep some of the items that take hours to make in stock, and if I see something on the market from a factory I haven't purchased yet, then I grab that as well.
    It's a constant juggling game, which is part of the fun.
    Try not to think about levelling up, then when it happens, it's a pleasant surprise.
    Enjoy.
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Bethany Clarke
    Basically, just about everything you do on Township gives you XP. The best ways I have found to gain XP quickly is to fill chopper orders as much as possible, fill zoo basket orders, fill the Mafia man's helicopter orders, and fill plane orders. Boosters can help with doing these things even faster.

Yes, peaches and watermelon come from the islands, but you can also get them from your marketplace and your co-op.

I have both foundries and I can't imagine not having them. I do a lot of mining and I process a lot of ore into ingots so I can upgrade my factories and trains and therefore get even more XP for every product I make and every train car I fill.

I'm in a good place with storage now that I'm no longer building community buildings. I never keep feed in my barn; I keep all my shelves full and simply use and restock as needed. I also keep very little produce from my fields in my barn; instead, I keep 6-8 of every crop in my field ready to go and simply harvest as needed. When I was building community buildings, I only kept enough of each building material to complete the one building I had coming next; I sold any surplus above this number. Same with land expansion tools.

These strategies have enabled me to level quickly and to keep my storage from becoming overwhelmed.

goddessintraining
    Thanks for the tips! Off to build a new foundry. I suppose I can find materials needed for buildings in game? I'll also need to keep barn upgrade materials. Do you use a certain ingot to fit out your ship? My mining skills must be lacking because I don't find a lot. Maybe I should rethink my strategy. Mining materials are so limited.

And thanks for the XP vs. time upgrade explanation. Very helpful tips!

Quote Originally Posted by goddessintraining View Post
    Thanks for the tips! Off to build a new foundry. I suppose I can find materials needed for buildings in game? I'll also need to keep barn upgrade materials. Do you use a certain ingot to fit out your ship? My mining skills must be lacking because I don't find a lot. Maybe I should rethink my strategy. Mining materials are so limited.

And thanks for the XP vs. time upgrade explanation. Very helpful tips!
    Good luck. Personally I rarely add an ingot to a ship unless I want the third fruit. The ingot doesn't guarantee you a chest, and when you do get one it often doesn't hold anything exiting. I'd use them for your upgrades first if I were you.
    You don't say what level you're on, but once you get to 52 and the jewellery store kicks in, you'll find you will get helicopter orders for jewellery which give tcash. ( you don't have to build the store. Many think it's not worth it.) the best way to get the jewellery is to hire raja on the market. Best to see other threads to see how this works, but you can also ask raja for mining tools and ore. Things move a bit quicker then.
    🙂
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45