Thread: What is that chime sound?

Ewetopia

What is that chime sound?

Forgive me if this is a very obvious answer, but it's driving me crazy enough to make me register here and ask.. I am a newer player (lvl 36), and am using the iOS mobile app. There is a sound in the game that happens from time to time that I can't figure out. It is a brief chime or musical note that I believe is an alert to something. I have not figured it out and cannot find any coorelation. My guess is something related to friends, however it doesn't seem to go along with anything such as gifts, etc. Any ideas? Thanks!!

I know the feeling, lol. My guess here would be rather something "ready", like a ship arriving at the port (do you have that yet?). The Heli and trains make special sounds when "back", too...

Tassie
    I don't normally have the sound on, so turned it on to listen for this

I might be wrong but it sounded to me like one of the background noises, like the dogs barking, door or hammer knocking etc. as it happened so frequently I followed my cyclists to see if it was them, but didn't seem to be

Would have to listen first thing in the morning, when I know nothing would be happening to see if it still occurred, I guess

Of course, this may not be the noise you are referring to!

oh, and I think I just heard it and remembered: Both Township and Fishdom send notifications when you have them running in the background only, so to speak - that lives are full, something can be Harvested, not sure about Gift balloon reception.
    As I'm fairly new to this Tablet thingie (PC usually), I have no idea how these notifications while the game should be closed are set up. But I do know that all F2P Games are set up with these different time spans, and most with reminders (in the end, for the ingame purchases, of course ;-) ).
    So, maybe check outside for the notification window.

ETA: yep, just got the sound also for a gift from a friend, "outside" - dideldidum. ☺
    Last edited by _DD_; 05-29-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Arlene James
    The helicopter will also chime when it lands.

Doodlebug82
    I just turned up the sound in my game and the only chime sound I heard sounded like the old bicycle ringers we had on our bikes when I was a child. Also, I seem to remember some people had them for doorbells. You would push a lever and it would make that sound.

I think like many of the other sounds, like the hammer banging, it doesn't correlate to any specific actions that I could see.

Ewetopia
    Thanks everyone! I believe it is the boat coming back with its cargo!