Thread: Create a "National " park land

maatmom44

Create a "National " park land

I think it would be fun for players to create their "National" Township Park, separate like the zoo. Players could put in hiking trails, interpretive signs/hikes (teaching about outdoors), campfire programs, campgrounds, hotels, souvenir shops, food areas... And different animals can be placed in appropriate habitats. The zoo could begin a breeding program, and the animals can be released in the wild...so many ideas!
    Rangers, reservations, naughty animals, backpackers to off-road vehicles...

Wow, maatmom, you really put a lot of great things into your National Park!! It could be a whole other game for Township developers. Thanks!!
    Game Name: This Is It
    Town Name: Hank
    Town Level: 178
    Platform: Kindle Fire
    I'm Loving Memory of My Dear Friend and a founding Member of The Bonkers and Sucker's Spending Club: Love You, Kim

Lightbox
    That's some cool ideas maatmom and as long as the release program of the naughty animals weren't the type that eat townspeople it's all good for me. I don't think I could stand seeing a tiger running down the cute little girl walking her goldfish. :P They could also add some park monuments from around the world.

Arlene James
    I like it! Super ideas!

maatmom44
    By "naughty" animals, I was thinking on the lines of pesky chipmunks, icebox stealing raccoons, and garbage hunting bears...like in the parks in California. For the Bears, Rangers capture, mark their ear, and release in a remote area. A two earmarked bear gets removed- sometimes to a zoo.

Socks
    I love this idea. I've purposely left some areas of my town "undeveloped" as I think the pre-generated terrain looks a lot more natural than what we're able to do with the terrain tools and decorations.

In my perfect world, I'd like to see our "National Park" look like the land before we excavate it.

Thanks maatmom!

Rita S
    Great idea I would love a national park area, and the thought of naughty animals is great.

I wanted to leave corridors of land undeveloped for animals but I found you have to pick your areas very carefully or the animals simply disappear and you end up with uninhabited areas of land.

Another member suggested that if I built up large park areas with trees and parks the animals would come and visit them but I turned the area down by the left bank of the river into a big park/ recreation area complete with trees, picnic tables, wild flowers and ponds etc and all I have ever seen is butterflies on the wild flowers and frogs in the pond as even the towns people don't visit it.

Has anymore successfully done anything like that and if so how did you get the animals to visit?

salmo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rita S View Post
    Great idea I would love a national park area, and the thought of naughty animals is great.

I wanted to leave corridors of land undeveloped for animals but I found you have to pick your areas very carefully or the animals simply disappear and you end up with uninhabited areas of land.

Another member suggested that if I built up large park areas with trees and parks the animals would come and visit them but I turned the area down by the left bank of the river into a big park/ recreation area complete with trees, picnic tables, wild flowers and ponds etc and all I have ever seen is butterflies on the wild flowers and frogs in the pond as even the towns people don't visit it.

Has anymore successfully done anything like that and if so how did you get the animals to visit?

You may need to take out the picnic tables. The animals only appear on the parks. The tables may have split it up into too small an area for the animals to appear.
    Last edited by salmo; 06-15-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Rita S
    Brilliant I removed 2 of the picnic benches and replaced it with a small park so I now have a small park next to a large park and the large park next to a wild park and rabbits, a hedgehog and a deer appeared all I need now is a squirrel I am so pleased. Thank you for your advice I know how to make nice parks now much appreciated.

Shame the people don't use the picnic benches and you can't put them with the parks while I live in the Uk my favourite place in the world is the American West and it would be so nice to be able to create a National park that would allow animals and people to interact together like they do over there.