Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optional Seasonal Landscaping

Optional Seasonal Landscaping

I love the fall trees but there are many people that do not celebrate different holidays. Could you put an option in the settings to turn off the town changes? I can choose not to buy halloween decorations but It really bothers me that the whole town has changed to decorated buildings and I have halloween townies walking/flying around. I respect that most people find this cute and fun and don't want to rain on their parade but I personally am actually scared of halloween because of its connection to the devil and demons. I just would like a button to turn it off. Thank you.

I agree. Seasons and holidays aren't the same all over. Halloween is not my cup of tea and I hope Christmas isn't too early or ostentatious.

Halloween update

Is there a possibility that we can choose to have this option, rather than discover than we don’t have a choice in the update. Not everyone is comfortable with Halloween. Sorry to be a party pooper.

I feel the same way. I do not celebrate holidays & would like "my" town to be free of the decorations, especially Halloween! Allow everyone to make their own choices about it. The pumpkins are cool though that's a seasonal food. Jack o lanterns are not to me. My opinions, my beliefs for me, myself, & I. 😀

Well guys and gals, Township has celebrated Halloween since 2014, so it should come as no surprise to any players.

Playrix prepares updates for several platforms: iOS, Android, Kindle, MAC - I really don’t see them having non-holiday versions available to toggle on or off, quite frankly. You are free to play or not play the game during any holiday season that upsets or offends you. You can always return to your Town when the update is finished and Township returns to “normal.”

I also would like to have a choice to keep my town free of holiday decorations. Everyone has their own reasons and should be able to choose to participate or not. We should not have to "quit" until the season passes. We would hardly be able to play that way. That is not fair. The community should support everyone. Holiday decorations should be a free choice not one made for you.

I understand your position fully, and the others above as well. However, I really do think it falls in the “unrealistic” category to request two different versions of the game for the multiple platforms Playrix must design and develop.

You have this Forum to express your dismay over it, but I don’t see anything happening beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Well guys and gals, Township has celebrated Halloween since 2014, so it should come as no surprise to any players.

Playrix prepares updates for several platforms: iOS, Android, Kindle, MAC - I really don’t see them having non-holiday versions available to toggle on or off, quite frankly. You are free to play or not play the game during any holiday season that upsets or offends you. You can always return to your Town when the update is finished and Township returns to “normal.”
    I am in total agreement with Nana. There is always the option to not play during the Holiday seasons.

Can the developers please allow users to opt out of holiday decorations at their own discretion? I personally am sensitive toward flying witches and ghosts. I would rather have the option to opt out of holidays decorations altogether.
    Thank you for taking this suggestion into consideration.

All players can opt out of any seasonal decorations at any time at their own discretion, simply by not playing the game during the holiday that offends or upsets them.