Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ice Doesn't Form In 1421

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 16.55.41.jpg

I usually hate ice too, Graylady. But here's another test which I think is conclusive:

This time I tried NOT to zap any ice and NOT to explode any bombs - just to prove that 30 isn't possible because they don't form. So I shuffled around for 29 moves, trying not to influence the ice formation in any way.

Here's a picture of the game with one move left. I couldn't go right to the end because the 'Out of Moves' window splats in front of everything.
    As I say - I tried NOT to melt any ice. It was quite hard!
    Some did get melted inadvertently - by other pieces falling. As you see, I melted eight by mistake. So my score was 8/30.
    Now count up how many ice blocks remain on the board. Nineteen, I make it.
    So even staying away from the ice - allowing it to form - still only gave 8 + 19 ices = 27.
    I assume the last move would have created one more ice, taking the total to 28 - which is exactly right if it forms at 1 block per move (we have 29 moves, but the last one ends the game).

Therefore the target of 30 is not possible.

Hi Wicked

Thank you for documenting that level so completely. I sent a private message to the admin Lyuba asking her to come and check the thread. I ask her to pass the information to the devs. Keep your fingers crossed
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 180, Zoo level 45 --- Fishdom level 1017 --- Homescapes level 106

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Hi Wicked,

I keep notes about levels (it's helpful for my wife, who is also playing) and for 1421 the note reads: "easy, one attempt". Of course, when I played it, it may have been a different level than yours - it indeed looks broken.

I think the best thing to do is to report it from within the game (in setting go to "help and support"). That gets a lot more attention than the forum in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedAnchusas View Post
    Attachment 16042

And here we are again: 16/30 ices zapped with ten moves to go. A pair of lightnings lined up, a spare one and a bomb. Only two cells to hit.
    And can you see any ice? No, neither can I. So it's impossible to win, as ten moves will only produce ten blocks of ice max, not 14 - assuming I don't hit any in the last ten moves.
    Thirty as a target is too high. Way too high.Twenty is achievable, even twenty-three (which I've done). But thirty is not.
    I'd very much like to see someone achieve this target of 30 in 29 moves. No videos are available. The one on YouTube called 1421 is a different game to the one I'm playing.
    Would you post a video please, Devs?
    Thanks.
    Hi there!

Thanks for your screenshots. I've passed them to the team, and I hope we'll get to the root of this issue soon. I'll let you know the results once we figure it out

Thank you Lyuba. I'd appreciate that. Please also show them the rest of this thread which has other screenshots demonstrating other things. I'd particularly draw your attention to the second page of this thread and also my last test on the third page, which I think is conclusive proof.
    I'm happy to be proved wrong, as I've tried all sorts of strategies over the last few weeks and I don't get anywhere near 30 - the most is the early 20s. I believe 30 can't be done, especially as only a maximum of 28 ices can form - and we still have to clear tiles and tyres.

Sky, thanks. I'd already reported it from within the game and from their reply, I think they're playing a different game to me - the answer didn't make sense - talked about targeting the blue and yellow 'goals' and as you see from my screenshots, there are no goals.
    I've replied, asking them to visit this thread.

I'm playing on a Mac if that makes any difference.

Greylady, thanks so much. Kind of you to take such an interest. This is turning into quite a crusade! I'm starting to think that there's no other game but 1421 as all the treasure chests and Leo challenges pass me by :0-D

Lyuba, the easiest solution would be to simply reduce the target to, say, 21 instead of 30.

Update for those who are interested:

I received a message this morning that the level will be fixed in the next update - possibly next week. Hooray for me.
    I know no more - people seem to have passed this level, so perhaps the issue is specific to the Mac. Who knows.
    In the meantime, unable to progress my own game, I have become remarkably good at Evil Sudoku :-D
    Thank you for your support, and thanks to the devs who have done - er - something, but I know not what. Please let it be the reduction of the target, and not more insidious ice.
    I shall engage again when I'm back in the game.
    AWx

It will be indeed interesting to see what comes out of it finally. Pls report back and good luck, with all your games, lol!

Hi, there, I hope by now you passed that level. If not - try this. In some levels if there is movements around icebergs - ice does not form. I passed level 1421 and I cant remember this level without a screenshot, but I remember your issue. Try to make matches in the different corner and make sure nothing fells from the top on the iceberg or around it.

Fishdomfan

Wicked has posted many screenshots of her level. She is on MAC and her board seem to be different then on other platform.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 180, Zoo level 45 --- Fishdom level 1017 --- Homescapes level 106

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix