Thread: Co-op Stats .. Excel Spreadsheet

Cool Co-op Stats .. Excel Spreadsheet

I am nuts about statistics and created an Excel Spreadsheet to keep track of our Co-op members, how many helps they provide during the Regatta, the final score and how many tasks were accomplished and even compare it to the prior week's numbers.

Does anybody else keep track of stats?

I used to keep track on a daily basis of if they were racing and how many tasks they completed, but that took too much time. Now I keep track of the final statistics.

The Excel spreadsheet is a bit complex but if anybody is interested in seeing it, I'd be happy to upload... does anybody know if I am able to share .XLS files here?

I don’t know about sharing your spreadsheet i’m afraid.

I do keep track, up to a point. That is, I make a note if anyone misses our targets, or comes close to doing so. Other than that, the info i’d really be interested in isn’t available to me. I’d like to see stats for helps received as well as helps given, since the balance between the two really matters to us as a coop. But mainly i’d like to track who is doing which tasks. I do know who tends to prefer what, just from knowing my members well, but if we decide to get bigger than our current 12 it’ll become harder. It would be useful to me because I tend to be left to do most of the dumping and sometimes have to decide about duplicate tasks, or ones that are a tough call in whatever way. Would be so much easier to decide those if I knew exactly who tended to do what in both the long and short term. Not crucial, but would be helpful.

I replied on your other thread Bessville, but it has to be approved before posting.

I think that communication is the key ... before a Co-Leader or Leader dumps tasks, first they dump low point tasks, but when they are going to 'clear the board,' they chat and ask if there is anything that someone wants saved. Even tho' everybody has their favorites, sometimes even with a favorite task the resources are depleted and cannot be finished. I favor HoL (House of Luck) because I now have 150 clovers .. I keep on having to use them so that I don't lose out . But, the task may come available and I am unable to take it because I am in mid-task.

The first co-op I was in was fun ... having a great time 'kicking back and having fun' was the motto .. then it became 'we are active in the regatta' .. needless to say there is only one member left besides the leader (as I check in now and then) ... members were requesting tasks and it was difficult to keep up and it had a lot of angry members. ... and I don't know how they are now, but the Leader who used to help a lot seems not to be as active.

As for who is doing what tasks, I am sure know this, under the tasks, if you click on a member's icon it will tell you what they are working on. That is the way I knew someone had a plane or train crate task and asked if they needed help. As for 'helps,' I get the stats from the Co-op tab. It is interesting that in the town, helping counts as one, however, when requested in chat, if 6 items are requested, that means it will be 6 helps. I've helped a fellow co-op member and friend meet their goal of 45 helps by requesting in chat... (our co-op is 6 task minimum or 45 helps minimum). We do have a core of great Regatta enthusiasts, so that helps. And I LOVE the Regatta and helping ...

I mention in chat if there is a task I don't want dumped, but that does not mean that I will get that task, and sometimes it is better to clear the board every now and then, keeping only one or two tasks, so new items appear. Mostly 130+ tasks are kept, unless they are on the board for awhile, then they are dumped...

With a core group and the co-op's help and strategy, we have had 11 1st place, 9 2nd place and 4, third place ... and that is with a few members completing one or two tasks and meeting the 45 help minimum...

As a side note, if I can't post the .XLS spreadsheet, I can at least do a screenshot and show what I compile.

Quote Originally Posted by LaQuintaTurtle View Post
    As a side note, if I can't post the .XLS spreadsheet, I can at least do a screenshot and show what I compile.
    You can upload the spreadsheet to google docs and post a link here.

Thank you Laquinta, i understand that I can see who’s actively doing what task at any given moment, but what I want is a list showing everything done so far in a race. The same way I can see a list of each task I have done; i’d like the same info for my team members. I’m obviously not online 24/7 so will not currently see tasks that are started and completed while i’m offline, all I see is the jump in someone’s total. And yes, one can get the number of helps given in the co op stats. What i’m saying i’d like is a similar stat for the converse.. helps taken. You see? So we all see both sides of the coin. I have no idea under what circumstance i’d “clear the board” as you put it. In my co op it’s expected that we take what’s there. Incurring a dump penalty just because we’d really prefer something that isn’t there would be frowned upon. We have points thresholds set which largely determine which tasks get dumped automatically, but some are marginal calls, so the more I know about my team’s likely preferences the better I can make those decisions. Anyway, you asked if anyone kept stats, the answer is yes, and these are some others i’d keep if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    You can upload the spreadsheet to google docs and post a link here.
    AWESOME! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Thank you Laquinta, i understand that I can see who’s actively doing what task at any given moment, but what I want is a list showing everything done so far in a race.

Anyway, you asked if anyone kept stats, the answer is yes, and these are some others i’d keep if I could.
    Totally understand, and thank you for the input on stats. I'll post the spreadsheet here in case anybody might want to use it/see it.

I am working on making a blank/example of the spreadsheet (if anybody is interested) and will post a link here when done. In the interim, here is what it looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I must say, looks impressive so far! Can't understand all headers in the picture, but looks better than any statistics displayed in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    I must say, looks impressive so far! Can't understand all headers in the picture, but looks better than any statistics displayed in the game.
    I used a strange font ... I thought image would come through clearer .. Headers are:

Helped ... Last Week ... Change (up or down arrow) Place ...Score ... Tasks ... Last Week ... Change (it should read change) up or down arrow.

And each cell is shaded depending upon if the number is high or low ... the higher the number, compared to all other numbers, has the most shading.

Let's see if this screenshot is any clearer.

Looks like part was cut off but at least you get an idea of the headers.
    Attached Images Attached Images