Thread: More Female Workers in Town View Mode

SurprisedbyWitches

More Female Workers in Town View Mode

I love "strolling" through my town and watching all of the people, but yesterday I noticed something: with the exception of the clothing factory, all of the little workers appear to be male. This feels very old-fashioned to me. Could you perhaps mix it up a bit? Thanks for considering.

windypines
    I agree! Change out the farm workers too please!

Lightbox
    Quote Originally Posted by SurprisedbyWitches View Post
    I love "strolling" through my town and watching all of the people, but yesterday I noticed something: with the exception of the clothing factory, all of the little workers appear to be male. This feels very old-fashioned to me. Could you perhaps mix it up a bit? Thanks for considering.
    Yes! I spoke about this before lol however taking care of the kiddos is a awesome job I'd like to see a few ladies in the factories.

Arlene James
    There is also a woman who takes care of the chickens.

Grindle
    Lots of stereotyping in township. Field workers appear mexican, textile workers appear asian, and that darn lady in pink with the little dog always strolling with the sailors! How about female scientists, laborers, and pilots at the heli pad? Also, I think the pizza should come from the pizza parlor. Always thought it was a little strange coming from the bakery. All complaints aside, it is a very entertaining game and I enjoy playing it daily!

Lightbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlene James View Post
    There is also a woman who takes care of the chickens.
    She has a very unfortunate face.....or talk about owner's looking like their pets.

Screenshot_2016-04-30-16-34-24_kindlephoto-203912550.jpg

Arlene James
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post
    She has a very unfortunate face.....or talk about owner's looking like their pets.

LOL. I never noticed, Lightbox. Now I am going to need to go and peer at her. Talking about unfortunate faces, the uppity lady who buys from us is another. I have a tendency to cancel her orders just because.

Arlene James
    Duplicate message deleted.
    Last edited by Arlene James; 05-05-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbox View Post

To me, this is no woman also. I think it's not supposed to be a dress this whatever is wearing, but some kind of work coat.

Yes, many things here are depicted very clichéd. To me it's even more apparent in the Zoo, where you have families interacting with each other. It's "only" animals, but just take a closer look at the behaviour of some of the mamas and papas.

Jen3773
    I never noticed any of that, and even with people bringing it up, I still don't see it. I don't think the textile workers look Asian (although they do look odd) and I certainly don't think the field workers look Mexican. They're dark-haired men. Could be Italian, Indian, English, anything. And why on earth would Russians (i.e. Playrix) think of field workers as Mexican?

Sometimes the cliché is in the eye of the beholder. As a woman, I do not feel that casual video games are going to have effects on larger society, and I neither notice nor care what percentage of the 1/8-inch-high people are male or female. You are free to care about it, but I just wanted to voice an alternate view.

--Jen