Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Keeping A Co-op Together Long-Term

If i were to give my co-leader an opportunity to be in charge like a leader for at least every 2 seasons and change to another one, setting by their own rules.
    Will this be a bad idea?

That very much depends. First I’d ask why you want to do it.. if your co’s agree with the targets you set already and are part of making those decisions, then what would you gain by changing the roles? If they don’t agree with you now, then you risk them not wanting to hand the leadership back at all, which they’d need to do.. you can’t just take it. It could be a very destabilising thing to do, or it could make very little difference to anything, depending on how your coop functions. Why not give it a test run by keeping your leadership officially, but offering to let someone else choose the rules and do the admin for a bit. See what happens.

Only if your co-leader is totally in sync with your ideas. Otherwise, the coop will change quite a bit between leaders, resulting in confused and probabloy unhappy members.

I just had to turn my coop over to my co-leader because of how Playrix screwed up the Android update on Amazon. I can't download it and I can't get into the game without downloading and installing the update, and it's not fair to the members to have a leader who can't even get into the game. But as far as I am concerned, it is HER coop now. I hope she will keep the important parts but I have no more say than any other member if she doesn't.
    Town: Starshine The Original
    Game level 120 1/17/17
    Zoo level 27 1/17/17
    Coop: Regatta Dabblers for people serious about helping but not about the Regatta!
    Android phone
    I welcome new Facebook friends, send your request to Starshine String and be sure to PM me here

Hello, our co-op has cooled way down starting in August as well but knowing some of the members personally school and college started at that time. This maybe part of you problem as well.

The majority of our co-op has been together since the very beginning. We are a very friendly bunch and our only "rules" are that you help out at least once every couple of weeks, and that if you choose to participate in the regatta, you have to commit to doing 15-16 tasks of a certain point level. Racing is not required though. Everyone has been incredibly helpful - always eager to help one another, whether they are racing or not! The few people we have had to kick out have 1) just disappeared without notice, 2) consistantly did not fulfill their commitment but chose to race anyway harming the team overall, or 3) when they first joined would not agree to our simple rules - sometimes because of comminications issues. We set our membership as Request Only and we check out their stats before we accept to see if they have been helpful to others in the past. If they have a very bad record of not helping, we don't accept.

I don't think it's a pipe dream, but it takes alot of work to keep a team success and together. Real life seems to get in the way, excitement levels change and honestly the game gets boring.

Our core group started playing together in Feb. We moved co-ops and decided to just start our own after another leadership group implosion. By July it became obvious we had become 2 separate groups, so we formed a second co-op to keep everyone happy. New members brought one group to life and group 2 became our safe zone. Next week we go to 3 groups.

We keep connected via a private FB group and chat. Friendships are kept going, your help pool increases and everyone can pick their comfort level of participation. As leader, with 2 towns, I hope we can avoid the pitfalls and stay together long term.

A couple of members, including me went out looking for greener pastures. It didn't last. Within 2 weeks I received messages from my members asking if they could come home. LOL. We learned lots and decided it's all about having a leadership team who can work together. I found allowing the co-leaders to volunteer helps as they can step down and the constant rotating really helps.

Good luck and happy sailing,
    Em, leader of the Sea Turtle Family

Quote Originally Posted by XCMama View Post
    I don't think it's a pipe dream, but it takes alot of work to keep a team success and together. Real life seems to get in the way, excitement levels change and honestly the game gets boring.

Our core group started playing together in Feb. We moved co-ops and decided to just start our own after another leadership group implosion. By July it became obvious we had become 2 separate groups, so we formed a second co-op to keep everyone happy. New members brought one group to life and group 2 became our safe zone. Next week we go to 3 groups.

We keep connected via a private FB group and chat. Friendships are kept going, your help pool increases and everyone can pick their comfort level of participation. As leader, with 2 towns, I hope we can avoid the pitfalls and stay together long term.

A couple of members, including me went out looking for greener pastures. It didn't last. Within 2 weeks I received messages from my members asking if they could come home. LOL. We learned lots and decided it's all about having a leadership team who can work together. I found allowing the co-leaders to volunteer helps as they can step down and the constant rotating really helps.

Good luck and happy sailing,
    Em, leader of the Sea Turtle Family
    Thanks Em, that’s really interesting. I wonder if that’s how all the families of linked coops started out.. hmmm.