Thread: Depression

Depression

As soon as we unlock the kitchen, Olivia burns a pie and gets sad. Austin says it's because of the horrible place and says people get depressed when everything around goes wrong. I kinda agree with this, but next, Austin says "And what's the best cure for depression? Fresh Coffee! [...]"
    Depression is a serious sickness, it's sometimes VERY hard for patients to even think about treating it, just because of how disabled they are mentally. And to say the cure for something who cause most of suicides these days is a simple coffee, I felt disrespected. I suggest just not to touch on the point of psichological disabilities and change his words.

Hope you take me serious, thank you <3

I don't think Austin was referring to clinical depression here, which as you said, is a serious illness. He's most likely using the word "depression" in the less serious sense, as in feeling discouraged or down in the dumps temporarily.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 115
    Wildscapes Level: 546 (Max Level)
    Wildscapes Areas Finished: Asian Jungle, African Savannah & Arctic Tundra
    Forum Member: December 2015

I agree that the wording could be made better. Especially since many use these games as a coping mechanism for depression or anxiety.

it's great words
    Depression is a serious sickness, it's sometimes VERY hard for patients to even think about treating it, just because of how disabled they are mentally. And to say the cure for something who cause most of suicides these days is a simple coffee, I felt disrespected. I suggest just not to touch on the point of psichological disabilities and change his words.