Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Ray Glasses

X-Ray Glasses

I would like to see about input on adding x-ray glasses to the game. No, not so that you see into anyone else's barn or houses, but in conjunction with our new Regatta Seasons and the famously mysterious Mystery Task!!!

I'm not placing this on the wish list as I would like to get your opinion whether this is a good idea, bad idea, or if I need to get psychiatric help. (The latter might be necessary anyway. Oh well!)

X-Ray Glasses could be purchased (perhaps with tokens) and would allow you to peer into any onscreen Mystery Tasks. Your mystery task becomes a little less mysterious as you find out that it is a quick Feed Task or an "OMG - Another Silk Task!!" You could limit the number of them to, say 3 per race (just to keep the element of surprise that these tasks offer. Or have them as an item only obtainable via the House of Luck. Or, if there is a better suggestion, I would love to hear it.

What do you think? Good idea, bad idea or call the white coats for me? I'd love your thoughts.

Cheers!

William

Will9455... u know this isn't a bad idea... It could b offered up like that "mine lab booster" flashlight thingy that we can see things in the dark... We know it can b done, cause not only is there a lab booster for the mine, it was also an option for one of our events in the past... So, this could b a possibility... As far as needing "physchiatric help" -- if u do u r in good company, standing right behind me in line (LOL) -- what a hoot, ur post crack me up! Kim

Thanks Kim!

And I'm happy to stand in line behind anyone who says "ya'll". I SOOOOO miss the South!

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    Thanks Kim!

And I'm happy to stand in line behind anyone who says "ya'll". I SOOOOO miss the South!

Come on back and I'll make u a pot of "grits" and some good ole sweet tea (w/ice of course...). However, if u got that cool accent, I'll skip the grits, and make u some fish and chips...

Will and co I simply LOVE this idea,I could have such fun with this,will I be able to check say three mystery tasks,to see which one is best,or are we limited to one per board?
    It would mean that I can do my favourite mystery tasks again,had such a dreadful week,with horrible mystery task,that I promised myself ,no more,but this way can do them with gusto again.
    You have my vote,rock on!!!

Will, I am afraid the excitement of the players here shows you already it wouldn't happen this way, no matter what we (the players) think about it. Remember, the mystery task is new, so the Devs have thought it out with the variants just now, and they don't change anything to easier for us (unless it brings them money).

Your suggestion would mean that again, players could buy their way out of something that is meant to be exactly that, surprising with all consequences. So, those who like exactly the surprise element, would complain, and those who don't spend money (in which ever form, but in the end it is real money, and that is also Playrix' wish, of course), would complain.

I don't do them, and it is certainly well-meant, but their being a mystery is by design, not meant to be overcome by knowing in advance, and IMO, too, it would destroy the character/meaning of that task.

I agree with DD. The whole point of mysteries is the mystery! The only reason you get such high points from them, and tokens too, is because you can’t know what’s in there. Adding a sneak peek mechanism wouldn’t make them “a little less mysterious”, but in fact remove any mystery at all. It would render them such a potentially easy task, I could see my entire co op obsessing over X-ray glasses and easy mysteries to the exclusion of anything else! I suspect the response you’d get from Admin would be the same as mine - if you don’t like them, don’t do them. Plus, since they’re level-dependent, the boxes can’t ‘decide’ what’s in there until the task is taken by a player. So there’s nothing there for your glasses to ‘see’ until you take the task. So I think it’s a bad idea, and an u workable one. Though I wouldn’t cart you off to the funny farm for it

Ah Bessville,think of it this way,while on my way to the funny farm 😄
    You get a sneak peek,but it might say,it could either be a planting task,or a producing one,so,one would still not be sure what would come your way,add a little fun and enjoyment.

Hmm, maybe.. though if I can’t tell whether it’s silk or wheat, i’m still not taking it, hahahaha!

I like the mystery tasks as they are, and don't want a sneak peek. The whole fun of these tasks is you never know what's inside the box.