Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ah but I don't have all the pretty rivers and ponds like you do, Bess, cause I just don't have space!!!
    According to my town hall achievements, I've opened up 133 expansions. I don't know if that counts islands or not, but I only have the first two cause I wanted the tools for more land.

Great minds think alike on the boardwalk
    Although I love how yours is surrounded by water, and then the hedgerow. Gonna get me some of that in the next design, I think.

I also love how you've done the planetarium/greenhouse/wedding hall area. Gonna borrow the idea for my park area once I get it opened out a little more.

I wish I could keep my fields like you do it takes up so much room having them all sectioned out, but I have to have an area for each crop or I end up with a higgledy piggledy mess

I definitely have roads all over the place. Every building has road/paving access. Also takes up a lot of room, but I can't have houses without roads... lol

Liz: that's the beauty of the quick erase mode. You can (if you prefer), just work on one small section at a time, and if you don't like it; don't save it.

Once I do my complete overhaul, I'll often go back to one little area (say, the boardwalk for example), quick erase that and lay it out different. Then if I don't like the new-new look, I just don't save it

Aw shucks, thanks Nevada! I’ve got 135 expansions, apparently. I guess all those lily pads must take up more room than I think they do. The whole water thing started as an excuse to use lily pads, figured they were a cheaper and less space-filling alternative to proper decorations for warming up the look of my town a bit, but it may have got slightly out of hand, bwahaha! Every so often I try to make it all less rigid, but then I get the huff when I can’t find things and put it all back. I see towns I like better than my own, but seem incapable of doing the same. I’d love to spread out my town centre area like yours.. it looks like a nice place to live. I also plan to separate my fields out into smaller groups as you do, as soon as I have the space. I wrap my factories in roads in part because I don’t see very well, so giving everything I actually use ‘edges’ round it helps a lot. Otherwise I end up tapping the wrong thing and just annoying myself. Oh well, one day the whole world will be ours!

Sorry Bessville I know this is off topic but I am looking for a thread on best ways to camouflage building like the mint etc. to get some ideas is there a thread on this I am missing ? I tried searching but found nothing I am not sure I am searching correctly
    Mary
    Co-op Peoples Choice #PE4MV6
    Town deadend
    Level 89

Quote Originally Posted by Marybelle Simac View Post
    Sorry Bessville I know this is off topic but I am looking for a thread on best ways to camouflage building like the mint etc. to get some ideas is there a thread on this I am missing ? I tried searching but found nothing I am not sure I am searching correctly
    I've had a look too, Marybelle, and whilst I have found several threads of people discussing buildings they dislike, I can't find any with actual tips for hiding them. I'll put a mention in the design discussions request thread.

Edit: done that
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-04-2018 at 10:23 PM.

I'm on level 41 and would like to redesign my town.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Cat
    Town: Hope Town
    Platform: Android
    Co-Op: 4 The Love of Hearts...#4E2GPD
    Friend code: QR5NFE

Use the quick edit temporary storage feature, and work on one section at a time.

So, figure out what's most important to you. Do you want a big Park area? Does it matter if housing is bunged in a corner or do you want it all spread nicely? How big a beach are you looking for?

Look at what your next factory/CB is gonna be, and plan those in also (I put down ugly concrete paving to "hold" a building space so I don't fill it).

Get your (houses) laid out how you want them. Once you're happy with it, save that and move on to your (factories). Once you've got them how you want them, move on to your (beach).

This way, if you get stuck on a section, you can not save it, it'll go right back to how it was, and you can work on somewhere else for a bit.

Put all decorations except your "must haves" for that area in permanent storage, so there's not so much clutter.

"Farm area" for example: put all the farm decorations in storage. You know you want the water tower and veggie stall out, so keep them out.
    Put all farm plots/barn/market/water tower/etc in temporary storage.
    Put your barn back out where you want it.
    Build your fields/market/etc round it where you want them.
    Remember you've got a scarecrow in permanent storage so move a field for that.
    Once you're happy with it, save it.
    Go and get your scarecrow and put him in.
    See the windmill and realise if you move the veggie cart over a square, and switch a field over, you can get the windmill in as well.

Move on to the beach/whatever.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Catgeens View Post
    I'm on level 41 and would like to redesign my town.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Randomly visit other towns for a nose around, including plenty that are around your level. Take screenshots of areas you like, for idea-stealing purposes. Also, getting a 'scrapbook' together like that can help clarify your opinion as to the kind of look you enjoy generally, even if you aren't quite advanced enough yet to implement the ideas wholesale. It's easier to work out what they have in common when you can see them together in your photo list, which tells you what's worth stealing and what isn't.

Another thing I do personally is to plan ahead, a lot. For example, I checked how many factories existed, so I made sure to leave enough space for them alongside the ones I already had. I'm now at a point where further land just means I can spread out a bit, without ever needing massive reorganisation of my functional areas.

Wow Navada,
    You gave me A LOT of good ideas to think about. Thats great. Thanks So Much for those Thoughts!

Bess,
    You are always full of So Many suggestions. Thank you for you advice.

THANK-YOU Both of you!!!!!!
    I'm so excited to start.
    Cat

Totally welcome, Cat. Never short of an opinion, me, lol

OMG! Sorry guys. I guess I might have misunderstood.
    Nevada,
    I have another question:
    I started redoing my township. I put all my decorations in storage. Then opened my temporary storage and put everything in it. Took off all the roads and concreat. Made everything green except the river. Started working on my beach and got a phone call and when I went back it was just like it was when I started. That took me forever. I guess temporary is the key word. Thought I could save it and come right back. No dice.
    Any other ideas?
    Cat