Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    64

    Best Tips For A Whole Town Redesign?

    I’m considering taking a couple weeks off the regatta to redesign my entire town. The design aspect is a big part of the fun for me in this game.

    Have you done it? Any tips? Is it easier to sell back every decoration and rebuy later, or just store everything? Does storage fill up at some point?

    I intend to go section by section, but first I need to map out, even if just in my head, where I want things to go, like a university campus, an amusement park, etc.

  2. #2
    If you sell stuff now and rebuy it later you loose money. Store it. I don't know how much you can store at once. But I think it's difficult to redesign the whole town at once anyway. Do it bit by bit.
    Playing Township on MacOS, GardenScapes on iOS

    Pine Falls / level 71 / code HYCJGU

    --- Wisdom of the century: There is no apostrophe in front of a plural s. ---

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    426
    It's hard, lol! I just did the same recently. But, I am artistically challenged so it's probably easy to others. Plus, I'm sure it depends on lots of things such as number of buildings, decorations, etc. and how much space you have to work with.

    I only sold houses back, decorations can go into storage and, as far as I can tell, there is no limit. Plus, when it comes to selling houses (actually I sold Apartment buildings -- kept ALL the smaller houses and some apartments) that is only because I have already cleared all land and have all 115 plots. I do not recommend you sell any housing until then.

    I used a few tactics. First, I put every decoration into storage then I crammed buildings into an area I didn't yet have planned out.

    I am still not truly happy with my town and have friends towns that I think are so much prettier but, as I said above, I am artistically challenged, lol!

    Good luck!
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    64
    Yes, I have all my plots of farm land. Still have some land to clear, but it’s lakes I like or riverfront I don’t want to change anyway.

    I have found I can lots of smaller houses behind the big apartment buildings, but I guess there’s no need to keep them since I hit the max number of plots. That will free up some space.

    I just hate all the factories and have the hardest time making a redesign plan not knowing what to do with them!

  5. #5
    Gold Member Sweetness123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    USA/South Carolina
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy77 View Post
    It's hard, lol! I just did the same recently. But, I am artistically challenged so it's probably easy to others. Plus, I'm sure it depends on lots of things such as number of buildings, decorations, etc. and how much space you have to work with.

    I only sold houses back, decorations can go into storage and, as far as I can tell, there is no limit. Plus, when it comes to selling houses (actually I sold Apartment buildings -- kept ALL the smaller houses and some apartments) that is only because I have already cleared all land and have all 115 plots. I do not recommend you sell any housing until then.

    I used a few tactics. First, I put every decoration into storage then I crammed buildings into an area I didn't yet have planned out.

    I am still not truly happy with my town and have friends towns that I think are so much prettier but, as I said above, I am artistically challenged, lol!

    Good luck!
    Peggy... I just checked out ur town and gave u a like... I think ur town looks nice my dear... Betsy... u can also "consider" hiding things behind other things... I did that a lot in my town... Good luck, and everyone remember... Our town is our vision, a place for us to love, nurture and find peace... So whatever we create is beautiful...
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

  6. #6
    A word of caution: some decorations cannot be purchased again if you sell them - those that were part of TCash purchases, some prize decorations, etc.

    Storage is by far the best solution until you are ready to place them again.
    Join Date: June 2014
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

    Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

    Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    64
    I do hide smaller houses and community buildings I don’t like.

    What’s the point of hiding fields, though? Isn’t it rather hard to play the game without being able to easily access your crops?

  8. #8
    Gold Member Sweetness123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    USA/South Carolina
    Posts
    1,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
    I do hide smaller houses and community buildings I don’t like.

    What’s the point of hiding fields, though? Isn’t it rather hard to play the game without being able to easily access your crops?
    Yes, I must agree w/that... but to each its own... I bet David can "rock those fields" -- for me, I would forget where they were (LOL) -- Nana is right... There r some decorations that us older players would not part w/if someone offered us money for them, cause some u will never get again... There is no limit (as far as I know), and u can store as much as u want... Also, if u sell houses ur "population" total goes down... Course, I don't think that matters, I guess...
    Town: RYAN'S HOPE / Level: 161
    Co-Op: SOS: SAILING ON SOLO / Tag: #SSYJYK / Friend's Code: HT9EQS (Full, but will keep you on Pending List)
    Platform: IOS / Playing April 2016 / Former Member of the Spending Suckers Club, Current Member in Bonkers Club
    Fishdom: 1,533 / Gardenscapes: 1,769

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness123 View Post
    Peggy... I just checked out ur town and gave u a like... I think ur town looks nice my dear... Betsy... u can also "consider" hiding things behind other things... I did that a lot in my town... Good luck, and everyone remember... Our town is our vision, a place for us to love, nurture and find peace... So whatever we create is beautiful...
    Thank you, Sweetness, you're always so nice. I will check out and like your town, too.

    Hide fields? I must have missed that comment. I like mine to be all together in one place for ease of use BUT I love how it looks when others spread them around factories, community buildings and houses. It's just so much easier to me to see what I have when they are all together.

    Yes, my population has decreased but so far at least, I haven't seen any disadvantage in that. I have yet to open my zoo though and have no clue if town population affects the zoo in any way. It may turn out that I will have to re-build them eventually.

    Anyway, off to check out Sweetness123's town.

    Edited to add:. Hi Sweetness123! I looked at your town but couldn't give you a like as I apparently already have. . Also, you have your fields spread out like I like!
    Last edited by Peggy77; 10-07-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    Township Called: Lakeland Hills
    Co-Op Named: Friendly Farmers #FRG5G5
    Playing On Android
    Level: 101
    No Zoo

  10. #10
    I am a fuddy-duddy and keep most of my row crop fields together (easier to plant and harvest quickly). I also have permanent orchards that I hardly ever harvest, preferring to buy silk, rubber, coffee beans and cacao from the Dealer. I too admire the looks of towns that have crops spread around, but. . . Not very practical for my style of play - in and out quick, because I am at work 5 days a week.

    Now, about selling houses - I have done it, don’t regret it. However, to be able to clear plots as they are released you will have to have the right population. I am still under the maximum because I have 3 plots not yet cleared and no need, at this time, for them.
    Join Date: June 2014
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

    Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

    Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •