Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have The Pairings Changed For The Regatta?

Us too almost always top three and this race we were just shy of becalmed. We have jobs and can't compete on time/speed so we are penalised. and then there are glitches causing tasks to fail it's a no win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    lol

And our minimum points value is lower than yours, so that's a double
    Bwahahahaha, yeah! I forgive you

I checked in here to see if others were having problems with the race pairings. This last week was the first time ever that we came in last and the other teams had 2x or 3x the points that we had. We’re usually in at least the Top 10, quite often in the Top 3, mainly in 4-6. For the first time we got dropped to Silver League - we’ve always been Gold.

This Regatta, the Top 3 teams already have 3x the amount of points than the others. Something is very wrong with this. And this is Regatta scores for our Co-op. We don’t pay attention to the Global scores.

This makes it less fun for everyone involved. A game is suppose to be fun, not a full-time job.

I already suggested it in Facebook groups: Til about two weeks ago, coops were paired because of the number of active players in the regatta.

Since then I have the feeling there are two criteria; Coop size is important but more important seems to be the rank at the end of the regatta, meaning coops with same ranks are paired together. If you win this week you will race against 14 other winning teams next regatta.

Even a Top Team should have a hard regatta with that system every two weeks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level 182 - Barn size 6.135
    Helpings / Sharings: 60.589 / 37.158
    Helicopter orders > 3.000 coins: 81

Zoo completed, be surprised

Coop: Hollandse Nieuwe II
    Code #HUPYQK
    Town / Players name: Holland / Micha

I hate this new pairing!! Our co-op had been in the top three every week since the regattas began, consistantly doing 15-16 tasks each of 130-135 points. We've always felt like the teams were matched up fairly, if you did that minimum, you had a good chance of finishing in the top three. If you did a lot of low point tasks, you didn't do so well. And that's the way it should have been. And the racing was fun - because it required teamwork and a bit of prepping and strategy. That's what should be rewarded. That seems reasonable!

Now for the past 2 weeks, we've been matched up against several teams that are doing only 135 point tasks and we are finishing near the bottom! It seems that Playrix has reshuffled things in order to try to force players to spend a lot of real money to compete - which is the only way I think an entire team of 30 can do 16 13-point tasks! And even if you do that, if you have several teams that all do that - you could still finish in 6-7th place! How is this fair for anyone?

I seriously hope that Playrix will reconsider as I am afraid this new matching will just create a lot more cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Owleyes View Post
    We have jobs and can't compete on time/speed so we are penalised.
    I sympathised until you said that. I’m not gonna justify how much of my real life I spend in-game to you, but suffice it to say I suspect you’d feel more heavily “penalised” in general if we traded places. Insensitive, imho.

This thread now has two opposing arguments - those who want ‘equal’ matching and those who dont. My view is that to lose because you do less than your opponents is exactly what ought to happen. That’s what a race is and isn’t unfair at all! With the ‘random’ matching (other than for number of racers and league) that seemed to be the system before, sometimes you’ll do better, sometimes worse. Unless you consistently score lower than everyone else, in which case that’s your fault and it would be unfair if you won. To be matched equally with the other teams is a far greater problem for me. It means there’s little or no difference between the performance of those who win and those who lose, so tiny differences, including the luck of what tasks happen to arrive on the board, are becoming the only deciding factor week after week. That’s what seems unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    I sympathised until you said that. I’m not gonna justify how much of my real life I spend in-game to you, but suffice it to say I suspect you’d feel more heavily “penalised” in general if we traded places. Insensitive, imho.

This thread now has two opposing arguments - those who want ‘equal’ matching and those who dont. My view is that to lose because you do less than your opponents is exactly what ought to happen. That’s what a race is and isn’t unfair at all! With the ‘random’ matching (other than for number of racers and league) that seemed to be the system before, sometimes you’ll do better, sometimes worse. Unless you consistently score lower than everyone else, in which case that’s your fault and it would be unfair if you won. To be matched equally with the other teams is a far greater problem for me. It means there’s little or no difference between the performance of those who win and those who lose, so tiny differences, including the luck of what tasks happen to arrive on the board, are becoming the only deciding factor week after week. That’s what seems unfair.
    You said it much better than I did! I hope they go back to the random matching.

We're in a similar position Topper. Yesterday we were in a fair field of 8, with 4 of us vying for the podium. Today, we have been shoved into an extremely uneven field of 18. There are those on the GLB, some like us around the 10k-20k region and those in the 80k region, who wouldn't even stand a chance against us, let alone GLB teams. We're currently 8th and haven't been that low for a good long while.

It really doesn't make sense to me at all.
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 64+
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

We got knocked back to silver last week along with a bunch of 135 point/ 16 tasks co-ops because we have at least 5 in our race. I don't know what changed but when you have that many top competitors knocked back something big did.

Regatta isn't fun anymore like this. I don't know what has changed, but we are now racing against 17 other teams. All way out of our league.