Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Have The Pairings Changed For The Regatta?

At the Olympic Games the fastest runners race against each other to decide a winner. So this new system seems totally fair, the best race against the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Owleyes View Post
    I don't mean to offend anyone or to be insensitive. if all members do 16x135, how is this doing less than all the other 16x135 teams? I was trying to say that for many players, tasks can only happen at the weekend. To get in the top 3 in this new system you need to all be finished by Thursday it seems. So it's only possible to win if you are ALL in a position to all do tasks at a time many people simply can't. In my view that does handicap some members' circumstances. In the system before if you worked hard then you had a fair chance even as a late boat. Now you only have a chance if you all have time during the week regardless of how hard you work. I also didn't understand your comment about trading places at all. I'm not judging your life or township habits in my post.

But we all seem to be on the same page about returning to the old system.
    The second part of my post didn’t relate to you, Owleyes, rather the several posts that came after yours. They were complaining about being put with teams who were way better than them, whereas the rest of us had been complaining we were too closely matched in races. I don’t know how to put a second quote in so, admittedly, it wasn’t very clear from the format who I meant.

I replied as I did because felt your post was judgemental, in that it seemed to imply in its phrasing that the jobless had an unfair advantage by virtue of having nothing better to do than play, unlike the busy important people with jobs. That’s what got my back up. I was trying to point out that the jobless have a great many other disadvantages instead, and that I didn’t feel you’d necessarily want to trade places. The truth is, we all have our handicaps and the game can’t possibly accomodate them all. My team has 3 members with small babies, so have to contribute around that. I am physically disabled, which causes some game-related niggles that disadvantage me. Several of my team work long hours, which disadvantages them. So we don’t try to compete with the top tier however they manage it, c’est la vie. But yes, we agree, those top tier teams shouldn’t be being grouped together with just a couple of us thrown in to inevitably get demoted despite good performance. The top tier don’t like it either.. by the standards the game sets, they should expect to win their races almost all the time, but now they don’t. In my opinion, the ideal team-matching system is random, with the implied aim of as wide a spread as possible in the final scores of each race, so that finishing positions are clearly earned and the chances of getting a bad draw every race are minimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    At the Olympic Games the fastest runners race against each other to decide a winner. So this new system seems totally fair, the best race against the best.
    That's very true when it comes to Olympic Games. But this is ain't the Olympics ....this is a game.
    Stronger teams that are willing to do what it takes to end up higher, do struggle now, while coops who don't put the effort in...there for ending lower in the past...have now an easy ride.
    Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with a coop choosing to have a relaxed racing style. But I find it wrong to win a golden legue race with relaxed style

As the leader of a top tier co-op I want to say I love competing against other top tier teams. However, as I have said before, I think it would be fairer if we had these top tier races in a true top tier league!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Donaldson View Post
    As the leader of a top tier co-op I want to say I love competing against other top tier teams. However, as I have said before, I think it would be fairer if we had these top tier races in a true top tier league!
    Sounds fairer to me too. But our team - although previously always ending in top 3 - never tried to compete in global top. Global top has no importance to us, just checked and we are rank 3667 with a drop down of 1070. Not that it matters much to us...lol...but wow that's a huge drop thanks to the new system.
    Being caught up with people all going 16x135, and remarkably speedy at that, is frustrating. In our group the race minimum got upped from 1800 to 1965 to ensure everybody does 15 tasks at least. Being forced to do that leaves a bit if s bad taste. Most of our members do 135's...others will take also 131 and 133. Several of our members, me included, work full time, and one just doesn't have the time to wait for a good 135 and doing all tasks. Although most of us do 16 tasks, we draw a line demanding this from fellow players. T-cash equals real money and our coop will never push any member to spend tcash. That's voluntary only.
    I'm not sure where I head from here. This takes away a lot of fun to race regatta, and the regatta was what keeps this game interesting for me

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Russell View Post
    But that's not how it is now. In our group of 18 (!) teams, there are at least 10 very good teams, high on the leaderboard. The other 8 are at position 3000-8000 on the glb. How is that fair?

I have at last got all team members in my co-op contributing to tasks and we have failed miserably and are being knocked down to silver league for first time ever due to the unfair pairing.

It is so wrong that we have been knocked down to the silver . playrix matched us- 16 racers against 17 racers and despite multiple messages , did not respond or move us to a different grouping. To top it all, we , who are placed in the 5000 + in the GL boards were placed against teams who thrive on the GL boards( all under 500 rank, with stated goals of 16*135.)

We are so demotivated.!
    Last edited by Deepi; 10-23-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Aww Deepi that's so poo!!

Me and my elders co-leaders spent many time and efforts to build a very good group
    From febbrary till 2 weeks ago we've always been on the pudium with over 20 wins
    Now we are sailing between 6th and 10th even if we have raised our requirement.
    Last week we were 10th with an average over 2100 pts because we were paired with teams over 4000 positions above us (85 vs 4408)
    Pairing is not fair and the game turned into a pay to win.

This is not anymore the game we loved to play
    The group will probably be disjoined before the new season.

The desire to quit is almost greater than the desire to play

Good job Playrix!
    Last edited by DexterTown; 10-23-2017 at 07:20 PM.