Thread: "Mystery" Regattas

"Mystery" Regattas

New "mystery " regattas
    Many coop members opt out, so do I . Regattas are boring, rewards are childish. You have to pay to end mystery tasks. We play less and less. That attempt has ended in failure ! What a shame !

Good. If Playrix feels the loss of audience, they will know, that they've done something wrong.
    Co-op: Culture
    #CUNEWW

Town: Just Read The Instructions
    level 71, zoo 19

Some people love them though.. I have a team member who does nothing but mysteries all week if he gets the chance. I think he’s demented, but hey, who am I to say...? I personally only take them if plenty of time left and well prepped for any eventuality, otherwise I ignore them, much as I do island tasks and silk. To each his own etc etc..
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

My whole co op avoids the mystery tasks. One member got a zoo task when the hot products were hard for him to make, and his zoo is barely developed so he had to dump that task. Another finished doing a crates task (another one to avoid) and she got hit with... you guessed it. After doing one crate task, she was out of most products, it took her forever to finish the most unwelcome task. Anyone having to go to sleep or work or school can’t take a mystery task in case it’s something that needs to be watched often in order to be completed. Sure, a few lucky people have gotten HOL for their mystery task, but the risk is not worth it.

Yeah, I only take them if I have time on my hands, ships in port, decent hot products, not much queued in factories, plenty of mine tools, etc etc etc. My member who loves them throws Tcash at them if need be.. his choice, he never dumps, but they’re not my bag either, usually.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Detesto essas tarefas misteriosas. Já peguei duas tarefas de bananas! 18 horas pra terminar. Na minha coop, excluímos todas. Qual é propósito dessas tarefas? Atrasar a corrida? Fazer a gente desistir do jogo? Ninguém aguenta mais. Acabem com as temporadas!

Agree with jaque78... we are boycotting mystery tasks.

While last season i avoided the mystery tasks like the plague, this season i haven't dumped any of them, took them almost exclusively. For some players it's a welcomed change from the racing routine, for others they are dreadful.

This regatta i wasn't in the mood to prepare, or to care much about the results (with all the mixing up co-ops chaos of this week), so i pick these mysteries one after the other. First one, rubber task - a task that usually gets dumped as soon as in sight - now i said, fine, let's plant some rubber! Cleared all fields, and for the next day did nothing but waiting for the rubber trees to grow. I know that this might be unbelievable for some, but not all players race to win every single time. A bit of relaxed sailing from time to time can allow players to focus on other aspects of the game (or, even more unbelievable, real life! ), and these tasks can make that break a bit more fun/interesting.

I think that for the players that focus on the regatta more than anything, it can be inconvenient(?) to just ignore the mystery tasks and just dump them, although i don't completely understand why take such issue with it.
    I personally believe that the yacht club that came with the seasons is a good addition to the game, with all the boosters, gems, upgrade coupons, etc, and i'd hate to see it go.