Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Is Typical For Your Country & Your Region?

Doodlebug82
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndie View Post
    I think it was the 'funeral potatoes' that did it. No one can top that!
    Yeah, a little morbid, I guess. But please, everyone don't let that stop you.

Debbiliz
    Born in London but now living in Cambridgeshire. My non British friends can never get over how much tea we drink, it's the only thing I miss when I am abroad although I did get a very nice cup of breakfast tea in a cafe in New York once.

musicalia65
    Spain
    MAdrid
    My country is smaller than Canada or USA , but we have different regions and costums. This city is big and stressful and the underground works very well. People say our underground is one of the best of the world.

Historical centre is beautiful. Also we have a lot of museums. Although Prado museum is the most famous and important, i think Sorolla and romanticism museums are the most beautiful. Nana you would like to visit Sorolla museum.

The most typical food is "madrilian cocido" , it is make with chickpeas , vegetables and meat. We use to meet 3 courses, first a soup, second the chickpeas and third the meat (pork, cow, red sausage...), for me it´s a heavy meet but very tasty. Now before to easter also it is typical the cod and torrijas ( bread soaked in milk and fried in oil with honey or sugar).

And weather is dry, too hot in summer and could in winter. Lately winters are softer and short.

VISIT US !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbiliz View Post
    Born in London but now living in Cambridgeshire. My non British friends can never get over how much tea we drink, it's the only thing I miss when I am abroad although I did get a very nice cup of breakfast tea in a cafe in New York once.
    Lol, Debbi, I'm London born and bred but won't go near the stuff. It's coffee all the way for me - in a pint mug! :O
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

How interesting, Jose! Yes, I would very much like to visit the Sorolla museum.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by lyndie View Post
    i think it was the 'funeral potatoes' that did it. No one can top that!
    LOL! :d
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug82 View Post
    My goodness! Did my post stop this thread in its tracks? I was hoping to learn more about the countries and regions where forum members live. Anyone else willing to share?
    You're right, Doodlebug, I would also like to read more about this. So here's my share:

I'm born and bred in Munich, Germany. Even from the center of the town where I live, on a clear day you can see the Alps. They're near enough for a skiing day trip or to go there over the weekend, which about everybody except me does. Being the southernmost big city of Germany, you can also reach Vienna (Austria) or even Venice (Italy) in a matter of ours. Much more to my liking.

Cannot say too much about typical Bavarian food, it sure has a big variety on anything meat. But of course we have everything from all over the world, especially asian and italian food. One thing from the local cuisine I do love are Semmelknödel in Pfifferlingrahmsoße. I leave that to your imagination, nothing morbid, though.

And what about you, Lea? Wäre doch nett, wenn du auch was erzählst.
    Last edited by Cathy Purr; 03-14-2016 at 06:49 AM. Reason: term clarification
    Forum member since June 2014
    Cat Lvl 267 | Little Wonders
    tiny Lvl 175 | Mishmash

Chic121
    Sunderland - on the North East Coast - UK..... Lived here roughly 39 years, originally from a small (back then) fishing village 6 miles further down the coast called Seaham... So I have always lived by the sea... Lots of my childhood memories are filled with being down on the beach, being all dried off by my mum and fresh clean dry socks put on my cold feet and sitting eating egg and tomato sandwhiches that somehow always had a bit of sand in..... Ha !!! Was all a very cosy feeling after being in the water for hours .....

Sunderland, well I've watched it grow from a decent sized Town with people who love their Football, Fish and Chips and Beers into a large City with a very grand excellent University, spread in parts all over the City, and many large Businesses, Bars and Shops. Where our Docks many years ago had ship making facilities now house, boating marina, apartments, restaurants and there is still our born and bred Glass making service..

We do have Winter, Summer, Spring and Autumn, but they can all interact just to mess our heads up.... As in Friday here was cold and rainy Saturday the sun peeped out, then yesterday was a glorious sunny dry day which means most abandon their coats and boots from Friday and flock down to the sea side... Many of you know I'm quite housebound through health but, I went to a Christening yesterday with family (my first time out since early January), and Afterwards as I don't get out that much Nick took me for a drive along our Sea front..... I still get amazed at the amount of people that the second the sun appears even if still pretty cool... They just flock to the sea side, sit outside the cafes, queues for the fish and chips and of course the Icecreams..... there were even some in the water !!!! Brave souls...

Yes further North we have the larger City of Newcastle famous for being our rivals in the Football world (I for one don't live in that world)
    ha !!

But I think because in my heart and coming from a small country type village all those moons ago, I love visiting the Countryside places, Bowness in the Lake District and Kent in the Southern part of the U.K. Two of my most favourites....

Being with Nick, he has relatives over in Canada and the US so it is our intention to visit, a little plan we have for in a year or two.... :-)

Debbiliz
    Chic - my daughter has just moved to Newcastle as she goes to the University there. I visit her as often as I can as I have come to love the North. The people are so friendly. What I cannot understand is how, on a cold day, I'm swathed in coat, scarves, gloves etc and the Geordie girls are all waking around in skirts and t shirts!!!! Perhaps I'm just a softie southerner lol

Debbiliz
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Lol, Debbi, I'm London born and bred but won't go near the stuff. It's coffee all the way for me - in a pint mug! :O
    I have been know to have the odd cheeky latte now and again, not sure I could drink a pint though, I'd be buzzing with all that caffeine