Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is Typical For Your Country & Your Region?

What Is Typical For Your Country & Your Region?

Hello everybody,

I still find it amazing to play with friends all over the world. Therefore I also would be interested in learning more about typical things within the country and region you come from. E.g. what’s your local cuisine like, what are typical attitudes of your fellow countrymen, what is only kind of a cliché and what is really typical/representative for your country/region?

I believe that this thread could be fun. What do you think? Would you like to join me and enrich this thread with your own experiences and your input?

According to the forum rules we could speak about anything typical except Religion or Politics. (I just don’t want to be responsible for any abuses of forum rules )

Would really love to hearing back from you!
    Town: Lea's Town
    Level: 118, Zoo Level 45
    Playing on iOS
    Co-op: Sláinte mhaith, Co-op tag: #SD74RR
    FB: https://m.facebook.com/leas.town.75

I'll start

I won't speak for my country as it has too many differences from coast to coast. I'll speak for the province of Quebec.

The only territory in America where french is the official language. 80% of the population speak french.
    It is 3 times the size of France and 4.67 times the size of Germany.
    Winter used to be a 6 months affair but it is shortening now with the climate change. Nobody complaint about a shorter winter LOL
    We produce a lot of maple syrup which is SO good and perfect to make sumptuous dessert.
    Visitors from Europe are impressed by the distance they have to travel from one region to another LOL They are impressed by the "wild" country we have everywhere and the majestic view, mainly along the St-Laurence River.
    We make many fabulous cheese.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

petcircus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by :-:Lea:-: View Post
    Hello everybody,

I still find it amazing to play with friends all over the world. Therefore I also would be interested in learning more about typical things within the country and region you come from. E.g. what’s your local cuisine like, what are typical attitudes of your fellow countrymen, what is only kind of a cliché and what is really typical/representative for your country/region?

I believe that this thread could be fun. What do you think? Would you like to join me and enrich this thread with your own experiences and your input?

According to the forum rules we could speak about anything typical except Religion or Politics. (I just don’t want to be responsible for any abuses of forum rules )

Would really love to hearing back from you!

County; USA, State; Florida

Best cliché in Florida, hurricanes, palm trees and alligators.

Cuisines in my area are pretty eclectic. A little of everything.

Because we are surrounded by water, water sports is very popular. As well as nature photography due to our diverse animal and plant life. Florida is considered a transient state, people coming and going all the time so attitudes vary.

Leilani
    Last edited by petcircus 5; 03-05-2016 at 05:55 PM.

State: California - the Central San Joaquin Valley - very agricultural area.
    Cliche: Earthquakes - waiting for the "big one!" Reality: we felt 2 mild ones in the past few weeks, after years of having none.

Depending on your mood, in 1 to 2 hours of driving, you could be visiting the beaches of Carmel, Monterey Bay, Pismo Beach, Morrow Bay. If sand and surf are not your thing, the same driving time can put you in the high Sierra Nevada Range - Yosemite, the Sequoias seeing rivers, waterfalls, giant trees, and lots of snow in Winter (in non-drought years, of course). Add a little more time to your drive and there is San Francisco and Wine Country. Or go to the desert of Palm Springs.

Food, like our geography is eclectic - every possible cuisine available. Of course, due to agriculture, our availability of fruits, vegetables, nuts, beef and seafood is unsurpassed - creating what is called "California Cuisine" as a category all its own.

As to attitudes of the citizens, yikes!! We have it all - the good, the bad, the ugly, the bizarre! LOL!

Edit: Another California cliche, and possibly most well known - Hollywood (and glamor). Truth: ugly, ugly, ugly.
    Last edited by Nana; 03-05-2016 at 06:52 PM.
    Level 159
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Welsh and proud of it. We're small but have some beautiful scenery. We eat welsh cakes, Welsh rarebit, cawl and leeks. We sing a lot and of course play some pretty good rugby.
    😃
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Oggy oggy oggy!
    Forever living in hope lol

Forum member since June 2015 -
    Little Wonders #UPN7VG ~ now recruiting ~ Level 80
    Level 155 - Android Friend code RNDXDC. I'm full but happy to stay on your pending tabs.

Imp: - Level 137 - Android 4CP9XT

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    Oggy oggy oggy!
    Oy! Oy! Oy! 😅
    iPad - Lyndie's town level 137. Zoo level 41
    Mac - Lyndie's town 2 level 181. Zoo level 45

Rain, rain, rain!
    Talpa

iMac exchange coop

Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 231) A877VE iOS (level 83)

Barbara-Jean
    Hey Y'all, one of the greeting's of southerners!!

I am from the USA, and Live in Nw Georgia, my husband told me when I first met him he was from the Foothills of the Blueridge Mts. And they really do look Blue, wish I had some pics to share will work on getting some.
    Food, pretty much fried anything from Chicken to Ice cream and everything in between, and boy the accents some have, I have to look at the person they are with to translate LOL

Oh Yeah and lots of Tornadoes!! Used to love Thunderstorms till I moved here!! They are really scary!!

I am called a Damn Yankee, cuz I am from the North, Connecticut, and never left, and boy are they still mad about the Civil War, I had this one guy tell me the reason Georgia has so much red clay is because of the blood from us Northerners!! Pretty Funny HUH

All in all have Loved living in Georgia for the last 18 years

Calita61
    Country - USA
    State - Washington State

We are in the NW corner of the country. Most commonly known for rain, coffee (Starbucks started here) and football (Go Seahawks!!). However, although people think it rains a lot here, that is actually only on the west side of the state. I live on the east side it and it's dry and hot. Lot's of farmland. I have always lived in this state - in every corner - and love it here