Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed With Changes

Disappointed With Changes

I feel the developers are like politicians: they promise you great and better things you never get to see.

In the regatta I see less and less easy good point tasks and everyone in my coop is also complaining about it.

You have the ingots task that's great, now you remove it and add this super demanding long task of filling crates from planes and trains and it takes forever.

You've reduced the number of helicopter and mine tasks.

You're not making the game fun by making it so hard.

Maybe next season you'll have more luck with the seasonal tasks?

For this season consider to adapt.

Get a facebook account with township in it's name and a township avatar, find a few hundred other township players with township in their name/avatar. Now you'll have a larger pool of empty crates to fill.

And when the season's over, you'll find your own crates get filled faster as well.

That said, it would not be a bad idea if Playrix kept check of metrics on what tasks the players like and what tasks they dislike, and adjust the regatta task board accordingly. I for one would love more HoL tasks. And less <130 point tasks. However, since we're all different, if you gather the data over all the players, you'd probably find a very blurred picture. I bet there are a load of people that love harvesting 137 rubber trees as regatta tasks. Rubber trees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post
    Maybe next season you'll have more luck with the seasonal tasks?

For this season consider to adapt.

Get a facebook account with township in it's name and a township avatar, find a few hundred other township players with township in their name/avatar. Now you'll have a larger pool of empty crates to fill.

And when the season's over, you'll find your own crates get filled faster as well.

That said, it would not be a bad idea if Playrix kept check of metrics on what tasks the players like and what tasks they dislike, and adjust the regatta task board accordingly. I for one would love more HoL tasks. And less <130 point tasks. However, since we're all different, if you gather the data over all the players, you'd probably find a very blurred picture. I bet there are a load of people that love harvesting 137 rubber trees as regatta tasks. Rubber trees!!!
    Precisely Vuurvl, there’s a lot of different styles of player to keep happy. I think devs do pretty well, especially since the seasonal themes. Bigger fish to fry at present anyway, with teams getting mismatched for regatta and the constant cheating issue bubbling on.

Hi Vuurvl,
    Talking about rubber planting tasks,guess what I got for my very first task,okay I did take a mystery task,yes,planting lots and lots of rubber,it was soooo terrible for me,as I like to do my tasks as quick as possible.You would think it would get me away from mystery tasks,but no,took another,producing 14 tacos,gee,its so true,I am being tested to my limit.Will I take mystery tasks again?,for sure,must admit there were some easy ones as collecting milk.
    BUT I agree the plane filling,train filling tasks are such a lot,and not enough other tasks.

Sitting on the other side for a moment...

Remember plane and train tasks are essentially doubled at the moment with the crate tasks, which are seasonal and (should) go away in a couple weeks.

And at first, everyone was thrilled with crate tasks. They were easy to complete. As more and more people jumped on the bandwagon, they became loooong tasks to do.

I can see the developers point here... encourage more helping amongst players, (which I feel like was something that was asked for, but could be wrong).
    It's an idea that maybe hasn't panned out so well, but at least it's a change.

Last season people were complaining about island tasks (me included). Now, we're missing them and preferring those over crates. They may be long but at least you have a set end time.

Next month should be something else new. We'll see how that goes.

The crates are still faster than ships or standard planes/trains so i’m kind of happy-ish. With crates included, however, we are short of fast tasks compared to usual, especially at 135 points. The algorithm that controls task appearance could do with a tweak, imho. Not that I care BECAUSE I’M RACING BIGGER TEAMS THAN MINE... gosh, sorry, the rage overcame me for a sec.

True Bessville,at the moment in our little co op,4 out if 5 members are busy with either their own planes,which sometimes you have to take due to sheer desperation,or filling plane crates.One was a mysterytask,the other 2 were chosen from the almost empty board ,due to dumping the whole time.Do not know what it is but 3 of us simply love the mystery tasks!! The variety of tasks is absolutely not there any more,Imagine we are 5 in the co op,4 are busy with planes,there is simply not enough planes to go around,like the song said "where did all the flowers go",.?And friends DO NOT ask so frequently anymore.&
    All I do is dump the whole time,so what do we do,not race anymore and loose gold.?We dont even consider doing anything under 135.How in the world does a co op with 30 members do it?
    Sorry I should not rant,but are so confused at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Llydia View Post
    Hi Vuurvl,
    Talking about rubber planting tasks,guess what I got for my very first task,okay I did take a mystery task,yes,planting lots and lots of rubber,it was soooo terrible for me,as I like to do my tasks as quick as possible.You would think it would get me away from mystery tasks,but no,took another,producing 14 tacos,gee,its so true,I am being tested to my limit.Will I take mystery tasks again?,for sure,must admit there were some easy ones as collecting milk.
    BUT I agree the plane filling,train filling tasks are such a lot,and not enough other tasks.
    Previous regatta I just cancelled a mystery task that gave me 140ish silk to harvest. SILK. No freaking way I'm going to take all my farming fields hostage for 15 hours minimum (in practice a lot longer, because I first would have to free up enough land to plant enough silk trees, even with the crop booster going) for one regatta task. These are the worst: those long duration crop harvest mystery tasks. They are absolutely bugger. I'm struggling to come up with circumstances that would make an individual player -happy- with these.

I think Playrix should eliminate long duration crop tasks from the mystery tasks. If a game feature is not fun, eliminate it, period.

I had some luck this week. Got a HoL and a mining mystery task. Can't very well complain with those two, fast, easy, sweet.

And then I tested my luck too far and now I got a 16 salmon task, and I had just sent away all boats to Fruitistan a half hour earlier. Yeah, my regatta progress is halted for 20 hours. I decided not to cancel the task because I'm well on my way regardless, but this task is as bad as the long duration crop tasks. Ah well, at least I know I'm precisely 3 hours 20 mins away from task completion. Plenty of time to do some dumping and set myself up with some goodies.

I guess, that silk from mystery is a penalty for high level.
    And probably you should upgrade the islands, because 16 salmon with ships just departed for Fruitus is 10 hours with upgraded islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuurvl View Post

I'm one of them what do I love about them? it's predictability you can always count on getting a rubber tree task; when regatta starts, there it is on our task board, all I have to do is harvest & I'll instantly get 135 pts; I also provide my co-op with the rubber trees & will never run out of them for the rubber factory also, if I have several appointments during the day, I can just leave it and not worry about timing out or anything...peace of mind