Thread: The Problem With the Sell Your Items at a Great Price Event

The Problem With the Sell Your Items at a Great Price Event

The good news about this event is that it is an omen that an update is not too far away. In the past, many times this has been a prelude to an update.

As far as this type event, even when I was a much lower level player, I never participated in this. Yes, you get more money for certain items, but no XP. And I wanted to level up, so giving up items for coins without advancing in the game was not an attractive option.

I don't know if you have noticed this, but there is a dark side to this event that puts a squeeze on you.
    My items this time are granola bars, yogurt, and bananas. Guess what happens to these items are far as the market is concerned while the event runs. You will not get them when your market turns! Maybe a dribble of one.

So, that means if you need them, you will have to make them. How many of you would like to make yogurt in your dairy? Not me, that ties it up. I guess the right play is to load the dairy with yogurt before you go to bed while the event runs. The only other option is to buy yogurt from Raja, but you hate to use him in this way. Much better is to buy ore and the hot zoo items.

So, in summary, while an event such as this runs, Playrix has it programmed so that you do not get the event items in the market. This is annoying.

Ok, I'm done. What do you think about this?

I have often wondered who/how many participate in these 2x events. They don't seem to hold much appeal and in 3 years of Forum posting I don't think I have seen mention of them but maybe one time. I view them as time filler for Playrix.

I agree that the items do become less available in the Market while the event is running. I also agree with you that there is absolutely no incentive to participate in the event, value wise.

Oh well, as you said, they are a sort of a "marker" that an update is at hand, so I am always glad to see them appear in my town for that reason.

I never bother with these events and hardly even notice them. I dont mind making the products but would rather use them to fill help requests as the gains seem preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Carole Sunnyside View Post
    I never bother with these events and hardly even notice them. I dont mind making the products but would rather use them to fill help requests as the gains seem preferable.
    LOL Carole - you and pretty much everyone else!!

I have never sold anything through those price events. Even at a very low level and I was needing coins badly I never did them, since my factories were not upgraded at all and every thing I made was needed for trains/planes I would not want to just sell them for those few extra coins that they offer.

Agreed with everything so far, plus would like to add, they suck as *events*.
    If there was a lot more to be gained, maybe t cash or many many more coins, they might be worth making stuff for.

I only took part in one of those events once, when one of the items was milk (and I desperately needed coins at that time).
    Other than that it's not worth the effort and the items have better use in my own or others' planes and trains.

~Soreya

If there is a higher value product in the 'event', I sometimes get Raj in on the act as, these days, I am almost always short of coins. Be careful buying event products in the market (if any appear), they can be expensive and you will get very few extra coins from the event.

Johnalex Zarco
    I dont do them because they seem funny. You get x2 for bananas and stuff, but then all your trains, planes, and people need them, so when can I sell them?! Lol