Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Blast May Kill You

Rainbow Blast May Kill You

Hello Gardenscapes team,

Just yesterday I had a seemingly rare, but quite annoying incident with Rainbow Blast. As it appears, once it lands VERY wrong it can completely block the level even if there are a lot of turns left. I consider this a bug

I had trouble attaching the screenshot of how it looks like, so here comes mighty pseudo-graphics:

Code:
    |U|
    |@|
    |O|
    |O|
    |O|
    |O|
    |O|
    |2|
     v
    Here | stands for wall, U for Lemonade, @ for Rainbow Blast, O for stone, 2 for "2 extra moves" and v for the lowest line on the level.

There was nothing under the stones, so RainbowBlast has zero possibility to be exchanged with any fruit or flower. It just stays there forever and blocks the lemonade. I had 15 turns left when it happened and I was quite enraged about it.

This happened on level 953.

It's happened to me before as well. I don't know if there's much they can do about it, but it may be worth sending your screenshot to in-game support.

Did you try double clicking/tapping on the rainbow blast? I had something similar happen, but not with only a stone next to it. Can't remember what was next to it now. I double tapped on the rainbow blast, and it just picked one type of piece on it's own to zap all of them of.

Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Did you try double clicking/tapping on the rainbow blast? I had something similar happen, but not with only a stone next to it. Can't remember what was next to it now. I double tapped on the rainbow blast, and it just picked one type of piece on it's own to zap all of them of.
    I've never heard of that happening, but if so that is a really useful feature! I'll try to test it myself sometime

And if it's not implemented, I think it would be a good thing to add. It would help a lot in those cases when it's added to complex spots.

I just had a lemonade stuck with wall on either side, and rainbow blast underneath it also. Double tapping on it didn't work. It was the shovel that will activate it, and get it out of the way. Sorry, I remembered it wrong. So shovel will get rid of the rainbow blast in the way.

Ok, that makes sense too. Though you may have stumbled on a good feature suggestion, like NoraM said

Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    I just had a lemonade stuck with wall on either side, and rainbow blast underneath it also. Double tapping on it didn't work. It was the shovel that will activate it, and get it out of the way. Sorry, I remembered it wrong. So shovel will get rid of the rainbow blast in the way.

I got an answer on my report - it will be hopefully sent to devs. And indeed support also mentioned I could use showel there - it somehow did not occur to me. Thanks for all the suggestions!

I don't find this particularly fair, to be forced to use one of the most valuable booster, because the placement of the rainbow is between a rock and a hard place (so to speak...). I would prefer to double-tap it and have it remove all tiles of a random type.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    I don't find this particularly fair, to be forced to use one of the most valuable booster, because the placement of the rainbow is between a rock and a hard place (so to speak...). I would prefer to double-tap it and have it remove all tiles of a random type.
    Indeed, that was what I thought as well. However, the logic of several levels will be broken if Rainbow Blast could be triggered by double-tap :/