Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do Others Expand So Quickly?

I never saw the point of actually trying to build the town until I have all the land, so around level 50 I've designed the most effective layout for managing economy and just place housing in the open space and watch the expansions adding up more space. When I'm done or nearly done with expansions, I guess, I'll try to arrange something aesthetically pleasing, but no, answering the question: I do not rearrange my town all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by boby1172 View Post
    One point that is made often on this forum, is not to hoard building/expansion/barn upgrade tools beyond what you need for the next building, piece of land or upgrade. The game doesn't like you to be too out of balance, although there does tend to be at least one item in short supply at any one time.

And that point is ridiculous. I do all the time and then WOW my building is ready when the timer finishes. Just like the people who say don't do the zoo or buy the mint. I LOVE the zoo and find the mint useful. Theres so many negative Nancy's around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    And that point is ridiculous. I do all the time and then WOW my building is ready when the timer finishes. Just like the people who say don't do the zoo or buy the mint. I LOVE the zoo and find the mint useful. Theres so many negative Nancy's around here.
    This point is not ridiculous. If you have enough hammers to be able to upgrade your barn twice, yet still not even enough nails for 1 upgrade, there's no need to hold on to so many hammers. The nails will never bridge that gap, and this becomes a real problem for those with small barns. This is less of an issue for those of us with large barns.

For those screaming out about a lack of space in the barn, keeping an excess of anything, doesn't make sense.

[QUOTE=Bigfoot;803857]And that point is ridiculous. I do all the time and then WOW my building is ready when the timer finishes. Just like the people who say don't do the zoo or buy the mint. I LOVE the zoo and find the mint useful. Theres so many negative Nancy's around here.[/

The point is not ridiculous, in my opinion, rather a recognised part of the game mechanics. And I find the tone of generosity with information around here to be anything but negative. Actually.

From now on, whenever you see Bessville post anything ever; read it.

Then read it a second time and pretend I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    From now on, whenever you see Bessville post anything ever; read it.

Then read it a second time and pretend I said it.
    Same here, only backwards. We appear to have hive-mind... though I may be slightly grumpier. Slightly.

Hmm.

I'm still finding my footing here. I've been in forums where you could flat out speak your mind, and others where you had to bubble wrap every word.

Then sometimes, the call for sarcasm is just too strong, lol 😂

The sell excess materials idea is actually not about sell them, when you don't have any building under construction or coming soon. The idea is that if you have disbalance like 10 hammers, 100 nails, 50 paint, you need to bring them to balance like 10-20-20. It's perfectly okay to stockpile the materials for upcoming building, it is necessary to not stockpile more than you actually need.

The above point is valid.

Nobody is saying "don't keep building materials until you're ready to build". It's about not keeping an excess.

Say you just levelled up to 49, you built your (go karts? Probably the wrong building but it's an example), and you just completed it with 19 glass, bricks, and slabs.

Now it's going to take you a week to level up to 50, and then two days to build your (spa?). This is when you look at the list of community buildings and find out what the (spa) needs to complete (20 glass, bricks, and slabs).
    Over the course of the next week, you save up your building materials. You find you've got 30 glass, 30 bricks, and only 10 slabs.
    Sell 10 glass. Sell 10 bricks.
    Sell any more glass or bricks that come in on your trains/in chests/wherever. Over the next two days while your spa is building, you should get the rest of your slabs.

Once you get your 20 slabs (so you now have 20 of each material needed for your spa), then you can go back to keeping any excess materials you get.

As soon as your spa is done building, you can complete it, and by then have some excess for the next building.

Find out what your next building is, what it needs, and start again building up to the required numbers, and selling off excess of one or two until you have enough of all three.

I'm level 54 now, and have been ahead of building material requirements since the low 40s, so as soon as I build my next building, it's completed, and I have no buildings I'm behind on. I literally have to wait to level up to get the next one, and have max population/max field plots for my level.

**Disclaimer: The above buildings and material requirements are made up for example purposes and should not be taken as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    **Disclaimer: The above buildings and material requirements are made up for example purposes and should not be taken as fact.
    Wish I had read that before starting my spa build. Grmpfh.

LOL just kidding