Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Discouraging and Depressing

Very Discouraging and Depressing

I just completed Level 21 of the Zoo.

I have begun construction on the Peacock Enclosure, but will not be able to complete it in the foreseeable future.

I began Level 21 still needing 6 planks for the Level 20 enclosure. After earning those and completing the Tiger enclosure, I have earned the sum total of 13 planks by filling Zoo baskets. I was offered and purchased only 1 plank at the Market in all this time. This brings my total planks to 14.

My guestimate is that the new reconfigured and rebalanced Peacock enclosure will need around 52 or 53 planks to complete. I have, therefore a shortfall of 38 or 39 planks.

I have not used any planks for upgrades for at least 5, possibly 6 prior levels. So I was not frivolously using them in any way except to complete enclosures.

I have not received any planks from Mine chests, Ship chests, Gold Balloon chests, or the HOL (have only even seen them offered in the HOL 2 or 3 times) even though I purchase many of these chests (3 Tcash) and play the HOL several times a day. In the Zoo I am getting loads of tools for my Barn and screwdrivers, tape and useless gems (such as Topaz which now number 335 in my inventory).

I am not not writing to "whine." I am writing to formally complain about such an absurd shortfall. Please explain this "balance" to me Developers.

If your desire in altering the Zoo requirements was to discourage players, you have certainly succeeded.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

This question is for Graylady, Renata, Dan, and any other players who have already completed the current final 5 levels of the Zoo.

Can you tell me if you had comparable shortfalls in obtaining planks for these final levels: i.e., more than 30? more than 20? more than 10?

If you had shortfalls this large, how long did it take you to over come it and receive the needed planks?

Thank you.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

SML+61
    Hi Nana, I don't know if this helps, but this was my experience: I found that when I leveled up and became eligible for a new animal enclosure, it would take until I was about halfway through the subsequent level to accumulate a sufficient number of planks to finish the enclosure started in the previous level.

Thanks, SML. Hhmm. I am 38-39 or so planks short. I only earned a total of 19 planks for the whole level (6 for prior level and 13 for the just completed level). At this rate, it will take about 2 more whole levels to earn the shortfall.

Extremely dismal.

Edit: Also - how much of your Zoo did you complete AFTER the update that made changes to plank requirements?
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Quote Originally Posted by SML+61 View Post
    Hi Nana, I don't know if this helps, but this was my experience: I found that when I leveled up and became eligible for a new animal enclosure, it would take until I was about halfway through the subsequent level to accumulate a sufficient number of planks to finish the enclosure started in the previous level.
    I was over 40 short of planks for the final enclosures. I delayed upgrading the shops further until I has bought the animals. Now however I am stuck at level 25 and still have very few planks (approx 4). Obtaining planks was definitely ( and I suspect still will be) a massively delaying factor for me.
    Talpa

iMac exchange coop

Codes EUY2BH Mac OS (level 231) A877VE iOS (level 83)

Hi Nana,
    I was ready long before the last update and I can't remember how long it took to complete but I always managed to complete an enclosure before the following level. I got planks in chests in friends towns, in ship chests(I was working for the achievement so I sent every ship with golden or platinum ingot), the HOL and of course in the zoo. I used the booster and filled only hot items. It made it possible to get 2, sometimes 3 rewards at once. only 2 shops were giving planks, but it happened that I got 2 planks in a raw, I mean afer a single collection of hearts. I admit that I bought every offer from the market.
    It was all before the rebalance but I hear from other players that they get more planks than before. If it's different in your case, you must have bad luck. I hated constant receiving and selling of shears, while I needed planks. I feel with you! But as you see, in the end comes success

Thanks Renata.

I use the booster too. Even experimented with it. 2/3 of the level using the booster, the last 1/3 of the level without the booster to see if there was significant difference in planks earned. No difference in planks received.

I load up all baskets with as many "hot items" as I can, using Raja constantly to help in that regard.

I buy out my Market right before each refresh (except veggie crops that I don't have need of).

I have not had any offer of planks in the Market for a week or more.

I send 3 to 4 ships with platinum or gold ingots only every day (get mostly mining tools, tiny amount of cash, and very rarely an artifact). I only use silver ingots for a specific fruit I am in need of.

So, my playing "style" does not differ very much from yours.

I don't believe in "luck" for basic game play - the algorithms should not require "luck" in those areas.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Hi Nana

I keep most of my timber/planks for my enclosure so I don't upgrade my store that need them. I don't remember having enough of them to finish an enclosure right away. But as soon as I had an enclosure waiting for them, planks start to appear more often. My worst experience was level 24 and 25. After building the reindeer and the petting zoo, which needed planks too, I had 0 planks when I started building my toucans. I was 55 short! It took 12-14 days and 3/4 of level 25.

Right now level 25 is almost done and I have 2 planks.
    Last edited by Graylady; 02-19-2016 at 11:02 PM.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

SML+61
    Like other wise folks here, I rarely used planks to upgrade the stores (only in the earliest stages of the zoo before I learned better!). I always used the booster to keep hot items filled. Unlike Renata, I don't use T-cash to open balloon chests and I didn't buy planks in the market (too miserly!) and I rarely send ships. That would probably explain why Renata was able to complete enclosures before leveling up and I was not. It was very frustrating and I am glad I have topped out. I'm much more relaxed now!

I only used planks in the earlier levels to upgrade and only did so minimally. Not a single concession of mine has all of the baskets available to it. So I am in the SML and GL camp as far as upgrades go.

Thanks for the info Graylady. So, if I am 38-39 planks short of completing Level 21 (Peacocks), the future enclosures look quite bleak and impossible, based on your experience and that of others who have posted.

I sincerely doubt I will have a sudden shower of good "luck," with 38-39 planks raining down on me before I complete Level 22.

It looks as though from here on out, the shortfall will grow exponentially - getting increasingly larger and larger for each successive level. Something I greatly feared when we first learned of the changes in "balance" as I was beginning on Level 20 - Tiger enclosure.

Trying to find humor in all of this, I noted with a great deal of irony that Playrix asked Facebook commenters about the Zoo, what level they were on, etc. It was a litany of folks at Level 6 (!!!!!) who felt it was too hard, too boring, too this and too that.

HA HA HA HA HA - the joke is on them. They have no clue how truly awful it really is.
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air