Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding The Dreaded TIE!

Tied Race Winner - Important Information

Last week, our team completed ALL of our tasks with a perfect score ahead of two Russian co-ops. Both Russian co-ops finished all of their tasks 12+ hours after we did and advanced ahead of us. Playrix will not acknowledge the previous explanation they provided of “total task time”, but offered this as the reason for our loss. Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Beth,

Playrix has not been known for clarity in their answers. We have long accepted an explanation for the tie-breaker to be as I once explained to Carlos:

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Carlos, welcome to the forum. The rules for who wins in the case of a tie score is "Elapsed Time to achieve the Score". Elapsed time is determined for each co-op independently. It is the time from when your team takes it's first task, that is, when the first person in your co-op taps "Start" on a task. The ending time is when the last person finishs a task and posts the score for your team.

So, it is possible for the other team to have started after your team and completed the 8640 points in a shorter elapsed time than your team even though your team posted the 8640 score first.

There are many threads in this forum that address this issue as it does confound people when they see their team drop down in the standings but it is the way Playrix has chosen to break ties in a game that has participants around the world and in different timezones.
    Which seems to consistent with what they told you. Additionally, we've also seen that the race scores don't update instantaneously and that revisiting the "race" tab sometime later will show updated scores. This is also consistent with what they told you, however 12+ hours does seem a little long for "server update delay".

Question, did you notice or record that those teams were, or were not, listed as one of your competitors when you finished your race? It is possible that they had not even started their first task until long after your team started. Since "team elapsed time" is the tie breaker, if they were not in your race when you began then this is a possibility.

I'm not aware of a "Russian team handicap" that would give them bonus points but you never know....

This goes back to an earlier discussion I started back in October. Click HERE to view thread.

But it poses the questions about "Total Task Time" that have only received supposition thus far.

Is it time from co-op 1st task taken to final task completed?
    Is it the sum of all co-op members time from each individual's 1st task taken to final task taken?
    Does it only include time actually SPENT on task, excluding time between tasks?

There are so many different variables that, without knowing what the requirements actually are, there is no way to actually say that you were in a position to win. But, on the flip side, there is no way to actually say that you should not have won.

How about some direct answer to this question, Playrix. How EXACTLY is "Total Task Time" calculated?

Just to add a "PS" to my note:

Playrix just lists the "finishing order" of the race but does not provide any additional information for the team. The "Team Elapsed Time" would be really useful in resolving these kinds of questions. People are always asking "why did we finish Nth when we were done before everybody else", it comes up all the time. When you "long press" on the opposing team, it shows you their name, how hard would it be to add a "3D 6H 14M 37S" to the end of that popup?

When you "long press" on the opposing team, it shows you their name, how hard would it be to add a "3D 6H 14M 37S" to the end of that popup?
    cdosr, this is really a good idea, hope this will be passed on.

Edited Post: Deleted rest of post. Question was answered that this was addressed in another thread. However, further breakdown of how this actually effects large coops, and solo coops would be appreciated, as it is still a bit confusing.
    Last edited by Sweetness123; 02-02-2018 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Edited Post / There is a Thread addressing this issue

Question, did you notice or record that those teams were, or were not, listed as one of your competitors when you finished your race? It is possible that they had not even started their first task until long after your team started. Since "team elapsed time" is the tie breaker, if they were not in your race when you began then this is a possibility.
    We did a 6 hour delayed start. We were the last of the 11 teams to join the race. Yes, our race only had 11 teams in it.

I'm not aware of a "Russian team handicap" that would give them bonus points but you never know....

I have documented pattern of consistency that will dismiss any notion of mere coincidence. I’d be happy to explain it to you via Facebook messenger if you are interested. My previous post regarding this bias was removed.

You can contact me at Elizabeth Township (Facebook.com/eliz.tship)

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    Is it time from co-op 1st task taken to final task completed?
    Is it the sum of all co-op members time from each individual's 1st task taken to final task taken?
    Does it only include time actually SPENT on task, excluding time between tasks?

When the regatta first started, this was explained to me by a customer service rep who is no longer with Playrix. I’m kicking myself for not saving the message, but I never thought this would be an issue of debate, nor did I ever think would refuse to give a straight answer. There’s not explanation for this obscurity. I even posted the definition of “task time” that was communicated to me here on the forum in response to the question. I never would have thought this definition would be inaccurate as it came directly from Playrix.

DEFINITION OF TASK TIME:
    The player’s task time is a cumulative total of each individual task from start to finish. The time not on a task is not included in this total. So, if a player tasks 16 tasks at one hour each, their total task time is 16 hours. The team’s task time is the total of each player’s task time. The time you enter the regatta and the time you finish does not have any bearing on the outcome of the race. The defining factor in determining the winner of a tied race is based solely on task time.
    Last edited by Beth61477; 02-02-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks Beth,

Well, if that definition is correct we've all been thinking about this the wrong way. We really need an official, concrete answer from Playrix *posted here*

Moderators: how about merging this thread with the one Will started back in September and then getting Playrix Admins to get us an official reply. This is confusing and frustrating many people. Seriously, this is a software algorithm, precise and logical. It should be easy to explain that way and not in some vague language that only raises more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    How about some direct answer to this question, Playrix. How EXACTLY is "Total Task Time" calculated?
    The attched screenshot is the only “direct answer” I have seen recently issued by Playrix. It was in response to the question of how the winner of a tied race is determined.

In response, I submitted a help ticket asking for futher explanation, as this answer could not possibly explain the outcome of the race in question. Playrix’s response was the screenshot posted in this thread’s starting post.

Here is my submission:

XXXXX,

I believe Playrix support has supplied my player with inaccurate information. Please see help ticket #1440XXX. The responding rep is XXXXX. The question submitted was in regards to how the winner of a tie score is determined.

The FAQ states “if multiple co-ops finish in a tie, the one that completed the tasks the fastest wins. The clock starts along with the regatta.” When the regattas began in August of 2016, Playrix clarified this statement to mean the determining factor was the team’s total task time, which is the cumulation of the start to finish time of every task of every player. Has this changed?

The response issued by XXXXX states the winner of a tied race will be whichever team finishes their tasks first regardless of which team finished their tasks the fastest. This response does not explain why our team took 4th place in this week’s race. We finished all tasks with a perfect score and were in second place. The teams that were in the 3rd and 4th position at that time both finished their tasks more than twelve hours after us and advanced to higher positions putting us in 4th place.

If XXXXX’s response is correct, our team would have retained our 2nd place position as we finished all of our tasks before the other two teams.

Please clarify.

Best regards,
    Beth
    Attached Images Attached Images