Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding The Dreaded TIE!

Question Regarding The Dreaded TIE!

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping that someone can help to remedy a bit of a debate that is going on within our co-op. This may be rather long-winded (for which I apologise in advance) but I think I need to do it this way to make sure that I am fully getting my point across.

From Wiki:

Who comes 1st with Maximum Points in a League?
    In the case every racer chooses to do maximum points (all 135 point tasks) it's a race to refresh and finish tasks as quickly as possible. The co-op to finish all of their tasks first and in the fastest time in the league will be 1st, while other co-ops who finish later with the same maximum amount of points will be 2nd, 3rd, etc. In this case the time from the first task taken, to the time spent to finish each task does affect your co-ops final position as well.

Focusing on the red text above, is time calculated from Point A: The first task taken TO Point B: The last task completed?

OR

Is time calculated from the first task given taking the TOTAL TIMES spent on each task?

I guess what I'm asking is this? Say I take my first task on Thursday at 09:00, but the last task completed by another person on my team is Sunday at 18:00 and spend exactly 30 minutes on each of my 16 tasks, but have 15 minutes in between each task, does it count as 8 hours?

Or does it count as 11 hours 45 minutes for me?

Or does it count as the time from when I started until the end of the last task, counting it as 81 hours?

Have I confused you? (I almost confused myself, so I would understand.)

Thanks in advance.

William

Or lastly, does it count as
    Town: Is it supposed to stay the same?
    Co-op: Global Ninja Farmers (Tag: #GRRK3R)
    Level: 115 . . . .
    Friend Code: A8QUW3

Active Since: September 2016

I am thinking this is the case --> time calculated from Point A: The first task taken TO Point B: The last task completed

So in your example, if you are the first one in your co-op to take a task/participate in the regatta, the time calculated is from Thursday 9:00 to Sunday 18:00.

I don't think the game computes how many hours you spend in the game, more so if you take breaks within regatta tasks (as a developer, this will really be tedious lol)

But, I'm no expert in this game and you have played longer than I did
    Town Name: HelpALot
    Started Playing: 17 Aug 2017
    Platform: Android
    Timezone: GMT+8

Join our co-op

Co-op name: Happy Sails
    Co-op Tag: #HPS4PE

I try to not be addicted to this game, but so far, it's a futile effort.

Hi Will

My understanding is that a timer is started as soon as a player pick a task for a co-op. That timer will run until there is no more tasks to be done or the regata ended. That is the total time taken by a co-op to do the tasks. Each co-op has it's own timer set up the same way : first pick to last finished.

In your exemple, if you were the first to pick a task, from thursdsy 9.00 to sunday 18:00.

There is nothing about each racer or each task. It is a team work and a team time.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 211, Zoo 200 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Uh...

What??

Lol 😂

I think it's time from first task started on the board, to final task completed/end of race.

Say there are two, two-member co-ops racing, everyone does 16 135 tasks.
    So if I take a task at 9am Tuesday, then get really lucky and bang out my 16 HoLs, helis, and mine tasks all in three hours; beautiful.

Over in the other co-op, no one's taken a task yet.

On Sunday morning, both members of the other co-op take their first tasks, and complete them all in the next 12 hours.

On Sunday afternoon, my co-op buddy takes his first task, and completes all 16 over the next three hours.

Total task time: my co-op = six hours, and the other co-op = 12 hours.

The other co-op would win, because they had a total RACE time of 12 hours, whereas our total RACE time, was (too much math). From Tues morning to Sun evening. Something like 142 hours.

If that makes sense... I don't know any more... 😂

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    For simplicity, i made a short example:
    Let's say there's a 3 day regatta with 2 coops. There are 6 tasks in total (red, green, purple, blue, orange, blue-er), that both co-ops complete and receive the same amount of points at the end of the race.
    Each 'X' represents one hour in which tasks are completed. E.g.: Co-op A completes task purple in 2h, Co-op B in 3h.

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Total Time
    Co-op A -x----x------xx-----x----- ------------------xxx--- -----x------- 9h
    Co-op B ----xx--xx--xxx--xx----- ------x---xxxx--------- ------------- 14h

According to one explanation, Co-op B would win because all tasks were completed by Day 2, even though it took 14h total.
    The other explanation says that Co-op A would be the winner because it took only 9h to complete, even if it spread across 3 Days.
    In this example above, according to the current rules, Co-op B will be in first place.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 10-01-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Dreadnought,

That has got to be one of the coolest explanations I have seen to date. So much more clear than my own rambling attempt to ask the question. Thank you!

I think you have quelled the raging seas in our co-op!

William

Quote Originally Posted by Will9455Nikki View Post
    Dreadnought,

That has got to be one of the coolest explanations I have seen to date. So much more clear than my own rambling attempt to ask the question. Thank you!

I think you have quelled the raging seas in our co-op!

William
    Glad to be of help!
    I wish you smooth sailing from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    Uh...

Over in the other co-op, no one's taken a task yet.
    But if none of the players in the other coop have started a task , how can they be pooled in? Unless your racing group still have empty spots for coops to jump in? I would assume that all coops that can be seen in the pool would already have started their first task, no?
    Town: Sunrise
    Co-op: World City
    Co-op tag: #WRDERP
    Level: 125
    Zoo level: 37

Uh, I'm only a solo player that plays on occasion. I've started right at the beginning of a regatta and started on a Thursday, after building up a few tasks ready to go. I've been put into regattas that ,I think, basically start around the same time. The winner is always who gets the total points allowed,with the extra purchase if someone does that, first. Wouldn't that apply to multiple player co-ops as well?
    Of course if you are in the golden league, the winner is still who gets the total points allowed.
    But if you want to see how you stand with all co-ops, then there is all the figuring you have to do to see that, dumped tasks, how many players extra points and then there are one or two other factors.
    I see more and more things with co-ops with multiple players that make me even more determined not to join another co-op. Glad I'm solo so I can play if and when I want to!
    Member since July 2015
    Android user
    On level 108
    City name Daffodil City
    Friend code B7EXR6

Very Good --- I Think You Are Right. Good Job