Thread: New Forum For Leaders & Co-Leaders

New Forum For Leaders & Co-Leaders

Is it possible to create a way that Leaders and co-leaders can discuss the racing rules? There are times we want to talk about other players not participating in race and we don’t want to hurt their feelings. We as leaders like to discuss rules without building up the message feed where players miss others need for help. I think another forum for Leaders & CoLeaders would be a great tool to include in the game. Thanks

Set up a secret group on FaceBook Or send PM’s on the forum.
    Last edited by Lyndie; 02-13-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Have you considered a Facebook Group Page. You can control access to the page and can further restrict discussions using the FB Messenger Chat. We've used that pretty successfully.

If you're looking for input from Leaders / Co-Leaders outside your own Co-op, Beth61477 has a FB group for the larger community. Check her post over here.

I hope she doesn't mind my advertising her group If so, I'll delete or edit this post.

Edit: Jinx Lyndie

If they are not helping, don't worry about hurting their feelings. They are hurting you by not participating

You can see others help requests as a green ! pops up you can click on to go to help requests.

I never understand people not participating. If it's to freeload and get rewards, then do they not realise they can help get more rewards by helping. By not helping they are ensuring you get less rewards. So it makes no sense just joining to get rewards, when by doing that you are losing rewards too.

Then somethings make no sense like people in events that spend tons of cash to win the cash prize, and therefore end up winning less then they spent. It would be like buying a raffle ticket for £100 to win £10.

Quote Originally Posted by JPT_LFC View Post
    If they are not helping, don't worry about hurting their feelings. They are hurting you by not participating
    I used to kicked nonparticipating teammates without remorse. But lately I would try to understand why they would “do such thing”. Why do I suddenly change my attitude toward “freeloaders”? Because we have a teammate who was kicked out several times but kept coming back, I asked her why she just took a few tasks then did not finish some of them some of the regattas (I know she can finish at least 1600 points which is our requirement simply because she had done it more than once). She did not reply, so I kicked her. A few regatta later, she joined us again (we kept our co-op as open), and she was kicked and joined back again and again. I told others why I kicked her before I actually did it in our social media group (she is not invited to join). She is back in again and finished more or less 1600 this time for several regattas and she is still on my list of you know what.... Last regatta she asked me why she cannot reserve a task, I promoted her to give her the rights with literally a “I’ll promote you now, but.......” message in township chat. She finished 15 tasks for the 1st time and is still active this regatta. I will give her some leeway for this week because this is only a game and tomorrow is Chinese New Year’s Eve(the busiest time for Chinese families).

I never understand people not participating. If it's to freeload and get rewards, then do they not realise they can help get more rewards by helping. By not helping they are ensuring you get less rewards. So it makes no sense just joining to get rewards, when by doing that you are losing rewards too.
    I believe they know the consequences but they might have their reasons to do so. You can ask them nicely, they might answer or they might not answer right away simply because they are shy in social occasions or ........ They’re not all freeloaders, although I used to think so.

I do believe leading a co-op team is like leading a sport team or a business enterprise. Winning might be your goal, but not getting the top 10, 20, 100, or 1000 won’t kill you. Learning how to lead might be more fulfilling and entertaining than always tense and hair-pulling if unluckily lost and demoted.

Then somethings make no sense like people in events that spend tons of cash to win the cash prize, and therefore end up winning less then they spent. It would be like buying a raffle ticket for £100 to win £10.
    I am still tight-fisted with spending t-cash and coins, but I do understand people spend $100 to enjoy the “touch-down” moment and they don’t care about the $10 cash winning.

Quote Originally Posted by hchl View Post
    I will give her some leeway for this week because this is only a game and tomorrow is Chinese New Year’s Eve(the busiest time for Chinese families).
    True, but then if she knows she is busy she should opt out.

My co op near Christmas we keep saying if you won't be on much then opt out. Otherwise half the players could do nothing, we go down a league and they say oh but it was Christmas I was not on. Well you knew in advance it was Christmas, it's not like Christmas got announced the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by JPT_LFC View Post
    True, but then if she knows she is busy she should opt out.

My co op near Christmas we keep saying if you won't be on much then opt out. Otherwise half the players could do nothing, we go down a league and they say oh but it was Christmas I was not on. Well you knew in advance it was Christmas, it's not like Christmas got announced the day before.
    I agree with you in principle but I rather have a warm relationship with my teammates. Kicking someone out always chill my team a little because we are all casual players with limited spare time and expensive internet access outside our home (most of my teammates don’t have “all-you-can-access” deal with their mobile net providers). Some of them was sent out on a business trip suddenly mid-regatta, some thought they were able to play even in the busiest time of their life (like I did and still do) but something happened and they could not inform us about the situation........ One teammate’s grand-parent died suddenly...was called back to the rural area without any net access suddenly..... They might have the time and mind to inform us other than rearranging things in their office/businesses...... I don’t want to force them to do so-and-so for the regatta in such situation..... So I give them a little leeway, they might reward me a bunch of understanding, kindness, friendship, and/or “loyalty”.

We use the Line app

Sorry for the previous digression. We used wechat for group messaging and private chat with co-leaders.

> My co op near Christmas we keep saying if you won't be on much then opt out.

That applies any time you know you'll be busy elsewhere. I opted out of the regatta when I went on a cruise last year. I wanted to enjoy the great Alaska scenery and not worry about finishing tasks! To me, that was just common courtesy.