Thread: Road Bridges

Road Bridges

Please can we have some decent designs for 'Road Bridges'?
    At the moment when a road of any type (Tarmac, Dirt track, Cobbles or Bricks) is built across a stretch of water all you get is the road type itself with a bit of grey on either side.
    The only other bridge options at the moment are a wooden bridge or a stone bridge both of which are rather silly looking as bridge designs for roads, although very pretty for joining pedestrian areas like boulevards. (or an extremely expensive ingot cost for the Golden Gate bridge!)
    Please can we have an automatic properly designed bridge whenever a road type crosses a stretch of water, or at least a bridge design for each road type that we could purchase for gold coins from the decorations tab.
    It would greatly enhance the look of towns if bridges actually looked like bridges.
    It would also be nice if traffic could still drive across stretches of water using the new bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Calire View Post
    Please can we have some decent designs for 'Road Bridges'?
    At the moment when a road of any type (Tarmac, Dirt track, Cobbles or Bricks) is built across a stretch of water all you get is the road type itself with a bit of grey on either side.
    I like the idea of having more bridges available to us. But I would actually recommend that we have some bridges that occupy more space (1x2 or 1x3 tiles) without having multiple of the same item. One longer bridge to span a greater distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Calire View Post
    It would also be nice if traffic could still drive across stretches of water using the new bridges.
    And if memory serves, this option has been nixed!

William

yes... just read both stickies in the Wishlist forum (this one), please, the "Ideas that cannot be implemented" as well as the "Frequently Suggested Ideas".

It seems to me that this request is a slightly different take on the nixed ideas.

Asking just to make the existing road a little more "bridge-like" when it goes over water, instead of just the unsightly grey surround.

I definitely love the request for longer bridges.