Thread: Coasting - It's Wonderful!

Coasting - It's Wonderful!

An amazing, relaxing week in Township.

Zoo: All done with building enclosures (till next update?) and filling baskets leisurely with some of my own stuff and lots from Raja. I should be ready to go (hearts wise) when the next update arrives. Still massively short of certain gems (Amethyst and Ruby), but that will be an ongoing, chronic condition until/if Playrix makes some adjustments. Building tools swell my barn.

Regatta: I played Seasonal Regatta 1 only long enough to get the Rubies and a booster, then quit (93 unspent tokens carried over). By not sailing, I got demoted back to Wooden League for this Seasonal Regatta 2. Was able to buy the Emeralds by completing only 2 tasks and using carryover tokens. I've stuck to traditional tasks: planes, trains, HOL, but did try the Clay task in the Mine. Went in with 189 picks, came out with 49 - got a Ruby, an artifact, lots of ore, lots of gold coins, and even some TCash. I didn't find it overwhelming at all. Sadly, I am almost racing alone - no competition at all. I have held the lead and will finish my last plane task when the next plane arrives. My nearest competitor only has 385 pts or some such.

I have done a few factory upgrades to keep my ingots in productive use. Overall, I am really enjoying this relaxed playing style. Really suits my theme - Far Niente - without a care.

Then it is a celebration day! You have fully caught up with zoo, and are waiting for the next enclosure with everything on hand. The children will be added over time. Have fun with renaming each family member in your zoo.

In contrast to your Regatta playing style, of course a Daliscape town must have every new trinket that is available. So, all 16 tasks are being done in a Gold League Regatta to maximize tokens gained. And to go along with that theme, as many mystery tasks as possible are done as well. Why? They give the most tokens per task-25.

That Clay Task is a bruiser and a mining supply drainer! It seemed to me, that on that one they made the clay not as plentiful as you see in a normal mining task.

I have noticed that you don’t start seeing competition til you reach silver. Everyone that is playing Regatta in continuous mode is in Gold League.

So, congrats on the great zoo catchup over a period of years and that 45 does look nice in your signature!

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt

Welcome to level 45 in the zoo Nana From now on, a leisure rhythm will be enough to gain 1 level between each upgrade. Enjoy the ride

That's pretty much how our whole coop plays regatta all the time. Do what tasks you want, doesn't mater whether it is 1 or 16. I can't figure out how we stay in Gold league week after week.

I don't think I'll ever get caught up in the zoo. It just doesn't interest me enough to make a point of going in and filling baskets. When when I go up a level, building supplies are ALWAYS the holdup. I have tons of gems - over 100 of everything. Not sure how I got to that point, I ignored planes for a long time (and still send at least half off empty) and use boosters whenever I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Banana View Post
    Then it is a celebration day! You have fully caught up with zoo, and are waiting for the next enclosure with everything on hand. The children will be added over time. Have fun with renaming each family member in your zoo.

In contrast to your Regatta playing style, of course a Daliscape town must have every new trinket that is available. So, all 16 tasks are being done in a Gold League Regatta to maximize tokens gained. And to go along with that theme, as many mystery tasks as possible are done as well. Why? They give the most tokens per task-25.

That Clay Task is a bruiser and a mining supply drainer! It seemed to me, that on that one they made the clay not as plentiful as you see in a normal mining task.

I have noticed that you don’t start seeing competition til you reach silver. Everyone that is playing Regatta in continuous mode is in Gold League.

So, congrats on the great zoo catchup over a period of years and that 45 does look nice in your signature!

Kind Regards,
    Cobalt
    I'm relieved to hear someone else has found the clay task challenging. In theory it sounds so simple. I also wondered if the clay was a bit less available. Just to make sure, I took it a second time, duh ! .

Kellan, there is a whole thread going on the clay task over in the coop/regatta section. I don't think anyone likes it!

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    That's pretty much how our whole coop plays regatta all the time. Do what tasks you want, doesn't mater whether it is 1 or 16. I can't figure out how we stay in Gold league week after week.

I don't think I'll ever get caught up in the zoo. It just doesn't interest me enough to make a point of going in and filling baskets. When when I go up a level, building supplies are ALWAYS the holdup. I have tons of gems - over 100 of everything. Not sure how I got to that point, I ignored planes for a long time (and still send at least half off empty) and use boosters whenever I want.
    I think as long as you keep above becalmed then you won't be demoted

I so agree. I think that's one thing I love about this game. It's fun for the more competative and the ones that just want a nice break once in awhile. There are some weeks I play more than others. The biggest problem I see are the high competative players that either are not able to use TC or buy a lot of coins. They try to compete with people who do and that's like trying to race a Honda civic against a formula 1 racing car. It's just not going to happen. If you are in that boat try saving your tc and coins up for one heck of a try.