Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can We Do Something About These Garbage Posts? - Recent Forum Spam

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    What's with these rando accounts posting a bunch of live stream sports. How fast can we ban these accounts and remove their posts?
    Hi,

I have been really busy deleting all this spam over the last few days. I suggested to Playrix to, change the settings, so that only registered users will be able to post. I think this will be better for all serious users.

Thomas

KOOP "iMACExchange" MAC OS
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Thank you. This is much better!

Quote Originally Posted by thommmes View Post
    Hi,

I have been really busy deleting all this spam over the last few days. I suggested to Playrix to, change the settings, so that only registered users will be able to post. I think this will be better for all serious users.

Thomas
    Thomas

Only registered users can post already. It never stopped spammers. Playrix need to reinstate the outside service they have been using for a while after a really bad period of spamming during my time as mod. That service help block posting even from registered users if they were coming from known spammers ip.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Sheesh, they keep coming! I think I've banned more in the past few hours than the last month. Thank you for the reports, everyone.

Graylady - was that tool Spam-O-Matic? It looks like we have it back if so.

Hi Honor

I do not know the name, just that they implemented one after I send them many reports that these ip were known to be used by spammers and that there was a way to block them from posting. Worked like a charm for more then a year.

These days look exactly like when I was a mod. A lot of cleaning to do.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- I am just a player, not a Playrix staff
    Township level 200, Zoo 188 animals, --- Fishdom stop at 1518 --- Homescape stop at 650

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Thomas

Only registered users can post already. It never stopped spammers. Playrix need to reinstate the outside service they have been using for a while after a really bad period of spamming during my time as mod. That service help block posting even from registered users if they were coming from known spammers ip.
    I'm not sure wether you are right, I had received a message that guests cannot get punitive action when trying to delete such spam posts from a non registered user.

KOOP "iMACExchange" MAC OS
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by thommmes View Post
    I'm not sure wether you are right, I had received a message that guests cannot get punitive action when trying to delete such spam posts from a non registered user.
    I get un-logged often enough to know that a visitor cannot post on the forums. If visitors (unregistered members) could post, we would be flooded with spams constantly. I think that message wording is unclear/badly worded. The first part make sense : we cannot punish a "guest" as he doesn't exist for the system. The second part should read "spam from a registered user" according to my experience.

I do not think these mass spam posts are hand written but done by bots.
    Anyway, it might be time to install a captcha for sending posts.

Not comfortable for the rest of us but maybe just now the only way to get rid of this daily nuisance.
    Best regards
    Co-op:....
    Coop Tag:.

Town: .....Missy's
    Code: ..… B4SA8E
    Level: .....Town 140, Zoo 45
    System:...iOS on iPad Pro
    Started:...July 2016

Pathes are made by walking

I’d rather put up with the spam than have a captcha, personally. Though I might feel differently if I were the poor soul with the job of dealing with them all. We are currently inundated, but our admin folks deal with them quickly enough, imho.
    IMPORTANT:
    As Township Moderators, we maintain the forum according to its rules. We are not Playrix Staff
    - How to contact Township Support
    - Co-op Ads thread, co-ops seeking new members may advertise their team here.
    - Player Ads thread, individuals seeking a co-op may advertise themselves here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    our admin folks deal with them quickly enough, imho.
    Depends on your time zone.
    When I join the forum in the morning I have to dig through dozens of spam posts for a couple of hours, daily.
    Best regards
    Co-op:....
    Coop Tag:.

Town: .....Missy's
    Code: ..… B4SA8E
    Level: .....Town 140, Zoo 45
    System:...iOS on iPad Pro
    Started:...July 2016

Pathes are made by walking