Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Can We Do Something About These Garbage Posts? - Recent Forum Spam

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    DD - mod queue? You posted your comment 3 times??
    Clearly trying to increase his post count to try to catch up to you.

How about adding "Live Stream" (or "Live Streaming") to the list of "dirty words" that get you automatically thrown into the moderation queue (or automatically banned).

The last few of these today have been particularly obnoxious, using real news headlines as the title of the thread. If I wanted to pay attention to the real world I wouldn't be reading a gaming forum.

And I'm sure many people would find some of these headlines / thread titles disturbing (I won't repeat them here).

I've been using the advanced search a few times a day to effectively do that after the fact lol. It helps that at the moment there are only a few legitimate threads that contain those words.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    How about adding "Live Stream" (or "Live Streaming") to the list of "dirty words" that get you automatically thrown into the moderation queue (or automatically banned).

The last few of these today have been particularly obnoxious, using real news headlines as the title of the thread. If I wanted to pay attention to the real world I wouldn't be reading a gaming forum.

And I'm sure many people would find some of these headlines / thread titles disturbing (I won't repeat them here).

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    DD - mod queue? You posted your comment 3 times??
    yes, it did. I had forgotten about this forum's sometimes-problems with external links, then followed the suggestion on how to avoid it, because I wanted my reply up before going to bed and myself vanishing for some time (personal decision), and because my post needed several days to appear one of the last times. So it was actually posted twice, one of the three must have been by accident. I meant to check back daily and delete the double(s), which I have done now.
    Hope this answers your questions.

Obtuse, JIC it matters, it's "her"...
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-08-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Obtuse, JIC it matters, it's "her"...
    Bah! I did know too! Darn gender pronouns! Won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    Bah! I did know too! Darn gender pronouns! Won't happen again.

ok, I know, there are more meaningful names... but it's English usually that has the 'easier' way, with articles and such that don't reveal anything. "my friend"... "the colleague"... that would be totally clear in German, gender-wise

aaand back on topic: Someone was very busy today / the last hours here, cleaning the channels...

thanks!

Cute little dude... angry Punkt? Not on topic, don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post

ok, I know, there are more meaningful names... but it's English usually that has the 'easier' way, with articles and such that don't reveal anything. "my friend"... "the colleague"... that would be totally clear in German, gender-wise

aaand back on topic: Someone was very busy today / the last hours here, cleaning the channels...

thanks!
    Thanks for the thanks, as I said, we are doing our best, though I would love to be an admin, I'm sure I could do more then

Quote Originally Posted by thommmes View Post
    Thanks for the thanks, as I said, we are doing our best, though I would love to be an admin, I'm sure I could do more then
    gell! thought I had seen you. Danke nochma'!
    I sure wouldn't wish for having to do with the spam even more, if I were you, lol! as always, be careful what you wish for...

I thought this might be a good place to post this since it's somewhat on topic.

I got curious, many of the spam posts from India have the same phone number listed (91-8146494399) so I thought I'd Google it to see if it's a phone scam or one of those known trolling numbers.

I got hundreds of hits from dozens on different bulletin boards, discussion forums, or support web sites from all over the world. These guys are major league spammers! I was really surprised at how pervasive their spam is.

I hope this makes everybody feel better knowing we're not alone in having to put up with this