Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can We Do Something About These Garbage Posts? - Recent Forum Spam

Good to know thommmes. I’ve been reporting like mad. When I do, where does that report go, exactly? Who sees it?

Quote Originally Posted by thommmes View Post
    And I suggested to the admins that we use captchas in future.
    Wait. Use captchas for registering? For each individual post?

That would drive me even crazier than the spam, personally..

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Good to know thommmes. I’ve been reporting like mad. When I do, where does that report go, exactly? Who sees it?
    Reported posts go to all admins and moderators, the latter will be the ones to take action as soon as they are online and read the report.

That would drive me even crazier than the spam, personally..
    when you type a message, with a captcha there will be a few more letters to type, where is your problem?

They’re a nuisance to me. I’m visually impaired in a way that makes them particularly difficult to read. I often have to bypass several to find one I can decipher. I appreciate they don’t really bother most people.

Edit. Ironically, it makes the huge lists of spam harder to see through as well, lol.
    Last edited by Bessville; 10-07-2017 at 11:10 AM.

How ironic, the newest spammer has the username "playrix".

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    How ironic, the newest spammer has the username "playrix".
    How hilarious! It’s about time the bots got a sense of humour.. though some of the titles are pretty funny already..

They’re a nuisance to me. I’m visually impaired in a way that makes them particularly difficult to read. I often have to bypass several to find one I can decipher.
    Same here.
    Certainly says something, when there are two in this small group of posters on this forum already.

Thomas, as I haven't seen captchas in other fora, there must be another way? I've also heard about databases for known spammer somethings (Herkunft, IP Adresse, whatever), and vBulletin has a forum (and CS) for Admins of the fora using their SW - could you or one of the Playrix Admins please check with these experts about the possibilities? pretty please with sugar on top!

Hey DD, there has to be a punchline in there somewhere about 2 blind gamers, right?