Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homescapes Harder Than Gardenscapes?

I'm not sure I have found it harder exactly, but I'm only on level 85. I have come up against some very challenging levels, though. Some took me a long time to complete. The level I'm on right now is pretty bad, actually. I have walls, packing boxes with 2 levels of tape on them, and I have to get 3 donuts down. It's kind of brutal.
    Town: Cedar Spring
    Town Level: 114
    City Building Project: Shipyard
    Zoo Level: 38
    New Attraction: Visit the Walruses in our We the North exhibit!
    Forum Member: December 2015 & 1500+ posts

After investigation *lol* - Homescapes is twice as hard as Gardenscapes. Hard means the number of "impossible to solve" little games is doubled (I assume). On the other hand the tasks need much less stars - so maybe the progress could be comparable.

I also think that to those ones getting used to the power ups from gardenscapes it is harder to see the possible moves, like maching the 2x2 to create the plain. I even forgot sometimes, that it is a bad idea, to match the plain with another power up, because it was not all those times my plan, to fly the explosives to the other side of my board! What a feature!
    But speaking of „beeing used to“: who else tried to create 2x2 matches in Gardenscapes lately?

I'm on something like level 1310 in Gardenscapes, with a fairly steady ability to pass the levels. Ok some levels take a little time but I don't get stuck on any of them like I have been in Homescapes! I've been trying to beat level 169 for a week and a half on Homescapes! It definitely feels like these Playrix folks are trying to suck us all in for more money in their pocket! I'm feeling like I have maybe, another day or two of trying before I delete the game! Such a shame because I really enjoy these games! The other thing I've noticed between the two games is that as players, we have so many side games on Gardenscapes that we can build up our coins in and zero opportunities in Homescapes other than the ads. When I watch two ads in Gardenscapes I get both sets of coins, do the same in Homescapes and you only get paid for the first ad watched. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Homescapes does seem to depend more on the power-up combinations than either Fishdom or Gardenscapes. Maybe this is why it feels more difficult at times. Also, the levels in this one do seem to have fewer moves than other games, which again places a lot of emphasis on power-ups since you need them to complete the high number of pieces or carpet, etc. required for each puzzle.

Are we more forced to use boosters in Homescapes? I tried to compare Homescapes and Gardenscapes without the usage of power-ups.

What I'm saying is, it's my opinion that solutions to Homescapes puzzles are more dependent on power-ups and combinations of power-ups than Gardenscapes is, regardless of whether you buy them or simply make them during the puzzles.

Oh, I got your point, Bethany. It brought me to the idea, that possibly the usage of "bought" power-ups is more forced in Homescapes, so that it is not really harder than Gardenscapes, if you use them. Maybe it's worth a try.

Frustratingly harder. Love the concept of designing a house and Austin having a life, but it is so hard to advance.

Power-up combos in Homescapes are absolutely necessary. Especially when you have to spread carpet. The games play very differently the further into Homescapes that I get. I almost ignore the general level goals entirely and just focus on clearing space to make room for creating a rainbow ball that I can swap with a plane or rocket. Have I mentioned I loathe spreading carpet?