Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Managing Two Towns

Visited Fasttown and Slowtown, and liked them both, lol.

Still am curious, trying to understand what's the benefit of having two towns looking alike, all the more because it sounds like this is really working for you.

Yes, go out with one town and dive into the adventures of a new co-op!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    Still am curious, trying to understand what's the benefit of having two towns looking alike, all the more because it sounds like this is really working for you.
    My plan for the original town was to keep it simple and efficient until i reached a point where i have all expansions, and then i can lay it out in a more town-like manner. Meaning - no decorations, houses and CBs out of sight next to the mountains, factories/fields/mine/usable buildings (HOL, museum, etc.) all close together, so at maximum zoom out i can see and access everything. I hated having to move/re-arrange EVERYTHING every time i cleared one plot of land, and i am still hoping that by the time i get all expansions, the edit mode will be improved.

So when i got the new town, it was already organized in a very different way, decorations here and there, i had a hard time getting used to the new layout and took a lot of time to find everything quickly. So i decided to keep them the same until i can spread all the buildings and factories all over the place.

And it works great in my case because the most attractive part of the game for me is the strategy/management/timing aspect of it, not so much the decoration and playing around with the layout. I imagine at the end of expanding i will spend some time arranging everything once, and that's how it will remain forever. As far as i'm concerned, the factories could be a big grey box reading "sugar factory" and i'd be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Purr View Post
    Yes, go out with one town and dive into the adventures of a new co-op!
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    That's harder than i originally thought . The only co-op i've been in (until i created my own) was with people i already knew out-of-the-game. And going trough the co-op ads and reading about experiences of others with bad/good co-ops made me realize that it's complicated to find a good fit. And now, i decided to wait a bit more while the new event is in progress, too much happening at once.

Thank you for this inspiring characaterization and explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    As far as i'm concerned, the factories could be a big grey box reading "sugar factory" and i'd be ok with it.
    ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    That's harder than i originally thought . The only co-op i've been in (until i created my own) was with people i already knew out-of-the-game. And going trough the co-op ads and reading about experiences of others with bad/good co-ops made me realize that it's complicated to find a good fit. And now, i decided to wait a bit more while the new event is in progress, too much happening at once.
    I'm sure the invitations will have started flocking in by now. Good luck, you will find a great one!

dreadnought, if you want, you can join our co-op (#EDKFH4). Unlike you, I don't have real-life friends who play the game but I "met" my co-op-mates in another dead co-op which seems to be the first one on the list when you search for co-ops to join (in my case anyway). So one of my friends there decided to create her own co-op and tagged us along. We're just 6 now and it's an open co-op

(Disclaimer: This post is not meant to advertise since we prefer to be in a smaller size for now)

I have a hard enough time just doing one town. But then again.. LOL... I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time... LOL,, But seriously if anyone can work two or more towns at a time. Well my congratulations go out to them. And I have a question. If you are working two or more towns... do they end up in the same league? or is one like steel or silver or gold etc....????

I used to play two towns, one on Android and one on Fire, until I broke my Fire tablet. The upside is you can use each town to help the other prepare for planes and fill crates. But it could really be a headache trying to keep them straight, remember which one needs what and manage two town inventories.

I miss having a second town because I'd like one to experiment with arranging in a different way. I might get another Fire tablet around Black Friday or whenever they have another deal going on them. I'm done with buildings in my Android town so would like to pick the other one back up. I just don't know if it's such a good idea because I already spend way too much time playing just one game.

Oh wow, how times have changed since i first started this thread about one and a half years ago!

Having two towns at first was weird and and took me a while to figure out what to do with them. But once i did, the game became gazillion times more fun and more interesting for me!

I started aiming to keep them identical as much as i could, talking about XP levels, coins, trains sent, anything that i could keep track of. It was challenging, especially during events, and especially when they were in different co-ops. But it was so much fun for me, particularly that moment when they were both one heli order away from leveling up, and i'd click the send button at the same time

The events were so much more interesting since i started getting both towns in the same competition group, i'd have to have a serious talk with the other half of me as to who deserves first place more (we'd usually agree on who has less tcash at that time ):

But as that saying goes, all good things must come to an end (dumb saying!), today one of the dreads was mercilessly killed off by me, the other dread.

(don't be fooled by the avatars, the dark dread is the one who actually got deleted)
    Since i was playing one town on my PC using an emulator, with the recent changes, i can no longer do that. So unfortunately, dark dread had to go.

And as of now, i'm no longer managing two towns, i am very sad about it, i don't really like playing anymore, a big part of the game is gone for me, and i guess i'll just have to re-learn how to play "normal-style".

Also, i am very sad, did i mention that? Because i am. Send me cookies or something.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Aaaaaaall the cookies and yummy cake for you both Dread. Guess you’ll have to eat Dark Dreads share...

I’m sorry hon, I see how this will drastically alter your game play experience
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

I'm gutted for you dread, so sad seeing the pic of 'town deleted' Really hope it won't be long till you start enjoying your game with the one town.

Since Nevada's sent you some cookies I'll send a box of doughnuts

ETA Joys of auto correct
    Last edited by Downton; 03-01-2019 at 04:46 PM.

That's horrible.

Sending beer to wash those cookies and doughnuts down with. Lots of beer. Some of which is for me. I'm coming with it.