Thread: Cross-platform

Cross-platform

A very, and I mean VERY, popular game right now (not naming names), has announced it will let other developers use it's cross-platform technologies for free. This would include a cross-platform for PC and mobile. I'm not tech savvy enough to know much about this, but was wondering what anyone's thoughts and opinions were about it? Do you think we could see this in Townships future?

I hope so! That would be awesome.

Im now playing Township on a smartphone & a PC, same account. Is that cross platform?

Quote Originally Posted by Soccon View Post
    Im now playing Township on a smartphone & a PC, same account. Is that cross platform?
    In Software Engineering, Cross Platform usually applies to the actual development of code that, from a single source, no changes, can be compiled and run on different architectures. For example, Android, iOS, and Windows/PC all use completely different computer chips *and* completely different operating system program interfaces (APIs).

It requires an underlaying development kit, as is referenced in the base post, and quite a bit of discipline in coding the application. Newer cross platform development tools are very sophisticated these days and are common in game development when games are targeted at PS4, Nintendo, and other gaming systems to increase sales.

Johnalex Zarco
    This would be great! I would love to be able to play Township on my laptop and not have to use Nox App Player to do so (and when using Nox, any bugs you run into in-game will not be handled by Playrix )

Thank you for the info, Cdosr! Like I said, I don't know anything about any of it. I just know, at the moment, we can't visit Windows towns and vice versa. I was hoping that could change. I would also wonder, if they did use this technology, could they do one update for everyone? Or is this just mainly for video game consoles, not apps?

I have a Mac & the rest of my family who play are PC. Will it ever be possible to play together? At the very least, can we connect the IOS and Mac versions? Some do have iPhones and would be willing to play with me, but we can't connect yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinita View Post
    I have a Mac & the rest of my family who play are PC. Will it ever be possible to play together? At the very least, can we connect the IOS and Mac versions? Some do have iPhones and would be willing to play with me, but we can't connect yet.
    I don't know if 'ever', but right now, that is not possible. The PC version (on MAC) is separate from the mobile versions (iOS, Android, Kindle), and we can't interact with players which are not on a compatible platform. So unfortunately for now you can't connect with the rest of your family using a MAC and iOS devices.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES