View Poll Results: Does this game demand too much time and/or money?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 30.00%
  • No

7 70.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is This Game Too Demanding Of Time/Money?

I'm on level 1761. Generally really like this game even though I've been stuck on levels a lot‚ but paying 900 coins for 5 extra moves bugs the shit out of me. I've spent a lot of money on this game (which for the most part has been ok since I think its fair for developers to get paid for their work) but am now really getting annoyed due to unreasonable prices especially regarding 900 coins for 5 extra moves. It just doesn't match the few coins one gets for completing a level! If this doesn't change soon‚ I will delete the app.
    Also‚ "paying" one too many stars for measly tasks is getting to be too annoying.
    So PLEASE Gardenscapes team make these changes for more fairness!

P.s. Forgot to add that paying 900 coins for refilling lives is also too much!

On level 1145, never spent a penny and have zero friends. Tried to have friends but I'd add one and the next day it was gone, over and over the friends disappeared so I gave up on that. Some levels took weeks. lol

I deleted candy crush as you passed levels when the game was ready. Had been enjoying this game until the last few days. It is completely stupid when you can look at the starting screen and know you are going to fail before starting. Being asked to collect certain colours and objects that are in short supply and might drop and don’t is not fun. Foggy training last week did my head in as I often went 3 or 4 turns with no bags on the screen, you can’t collect what is not there, great game, easy to play and win if you have half a brain, but once you get advanced there are to many brain dead levels where you rely on the game to generate special items for you, So because of the dumb arse developers I’m deleting the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by Okkurt View Post
    I'm on level 1761. Generally really like this game even though I've been stuck on levels a lot‚ but paying 900 coins for 5 extra moves bugs the shit out of me. I've spent a lot of money on this game (which for the most part has been ok since I think its fair for developers to get paid for their work) but am now really getting annoyed due to unreasonable prices especially regarding 900 coins for 5 extra moves. It just doesn't match the few coins one gets for completing a level! If this doesn't change soon‚ I will delete the app.
    Also‚ "paying" one too many stars for measly tasks is getting to be too annoying.
    So PLEASE Gardenscapes team make these changes for more fairness!
    I'll have to politely disagree about the 900 coin costs. That's entirely the point of the cost; to prohibit you from doing it on every level. What would be the point in setting a move limit if it was easy to usurp that limit at every turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Living Hell View Post
    I deleted candy crush as you passed levels when the game was ready. Had been enjoying this game until the last few days. It is completely stupid when you can look at the starting screen and know you are going to fail before starting. Being asked to collect certain colours and objects that are in short supply and might drop and don’t is not fun. Foggy training last week did my head in as I often went 3 or 4 turns with no bags on the screen, you can’t collect what is not there, great game, easy to play and win if you have half a brain, but once you get advanced there are to many brain dead levels where you rely on the game to generate special items for you, So because of the dumb arse developers I’m deleting the game today.
    I think I get the gist of what you're saying here, except maybe the first sentence. It is completely impossible to know that you're going to fail a level when you look at the opening board. Your glass is definitely half empty with this outlook. Being asked to collect certain colours and objects that are in short supply is why you're asked to collect them. If they were easy to get it would be silly to design a level around that. Learning how to generate more of them (ie. creating large power ups to detonate more space on the board and drop more new pieces into the playing field) is the crux of the level. Making match 3's and dropping 3 new fruit onto the board each turn will definitely assure failure. Every level has a tactic you can apply to ensure that victory is a very real possibility. Don't just use half a brain, use the whole thing, it works better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    I'll have to politely disagree about the 900 coin costs. That's entirely the point of the cost; to prohibit you from doing it on every level. What would be the point in setting a move limit if it was easy to usurp that limit at every turn?

I think I get the gist of what you're saying here, except maybe the first sentence. It is completely impossible to know that you're going to fail a level when you look at the opening board. Your glass is definitely half empty with this outlook. Being asked to collect certain colours and objects that are in short supply is why you're asked to collect them. If they were easy to get it would be silly to design a level around that. Learning how to generate more of them (ie. creating large power ups to detonate more space on the board and drop more new pieces into the playing field) is the crux of the level. Making match 3's and dropping 3 new fruit onto the board each turn will definitely assure failure. Every level has a tactic you can apply to ensure that victory is a very real possibility. Don't just use half a brain, use the whole thing, it works better that way.
    I can understand Living Hell, I can understand you, Obtuse. It's clear, every level is solvable, but not every mini game. And sometimes you're indeed able to see at the first board if this special mini game is most likely thought to be a winnable one or not. For instance: There has been one dog event level, I knew the strategy very good and there have been two kinds of "first boards". One (it was recognizable) looked at the first sight like a non-winnable and one looked rather winnable. And indeed the results confirmed the assumptions to 100%.

So, that means, some of the games are programmed in a special manner to be not winnable. That's okay, if there would be only a few ones this way, but there are a lot of them. That means it's reallly a waste of time to play those mini games. So I can understand the frustration of Living Hell. I feel not so good treated by this.

If there were only a few ones, I'd find it funny, humorously. Really, the devs are full of fantasy in methods to make a mini game not winnable. Sometimes I laught so hard.

And I LOVE this game, I love the inspiring levels.

I'm only a bit sad -and this is my only complaint (but a big one) - that very often you have no chance and often too you can't find out the complexity of the strategy because the mini game solves itself. But sometimes there are really really great mini games, where you can think and THIS is wonderful.

I can't complain on the progress, I'm playing only for a few months and the progress has been fast.
    Last edited by kali1; 11-17-2017 at 03:11 PM.

About the progress:

I am playing from very beggining of this game. Progress is fast without paying also. But its fast till You are not lacking of new levels. Thats my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
    So, that means, some of the games are programmed in a special manner to be not winnable.
    I like you Kali1, you're a solid forum poster so I want to make sure that I clarify that I'm just trying to incite a discussion here not disagree with you for that sake of being a jerk (which I'm sure many people feel I do on a regular basis).

I just don't feel the same way. I mean neither you nor I work for Playrix, we don't design the game and don't design the levels. Neither one of us can say with any kind of certainty that the levels are all 100% beatable or fixed for failure. What I can say is that I have started plenty of levels where I have a great looking board and things go great for most of the level and in the end I fail. I've also completed hundreds of levels where I had an awful starting board, felt like I wasted my first 5 to 8 moves and still managed to eek out a victory in the end.

We'll have to agree to disagree that there is some magic formula built into the code that ensures failure. There are too many variables. If we took a board that you could say was a sure failure and then added a bomb booster to start, could that be all it would take to change the outcome? What if I took that same board and just added a rainbow blast booster instead? Same outcome? Sometimes you add boosters and they go to the strangest most inopportune places, so there isn't even any guarantee that using a booster or two to start will ensure victory. Quality play and applying the proper tactics to the proper obstacles will pay dividends more times than not.

I've played all the dog levels since they started doing training and have completed every one of them without using boosters or paying for extra moves. I agree they can be difficult but I sure struggle a lot more with some of the chest levels than any of the dog training levels. I had a set of chest levels that took me 5 weeks to complete. I pray none of you ever have to play that nightmare 15 pack. That said, I recognize the challenge of stringing together multiple victories in a row, especially if you happen to be a player that relies on boosters or paying for extra moves to progress.

Either way, I'm not trying to say any one is wrong or their opinions are less valid, merely hoping to incite more discussion as to why we do or don't think the levels are rigged for failure.

@Camylie: I agree.

@Obtuse: Yes you're right. Very thought-out post.

We can't say it for sure, it's correct. In my opinion boosters will change the chance absolutely, I meant playing without boosters. But surely we don't know 100%.

Let me explain what I mean with "special manner", it's difficult to explain. I'd say the pattern is different. It's not "wild" like in a for me thought "winnable" game. (Sorry, English is not my native language, don't know, if I'm understandable). The arrangement of the board is "too correct". It seems if all fruits will fall in a "correct" way, in a foreseeable correct way, disadvantageous for the player. Like the pattern is predetermind. It's only my impression.

In such "predetermind" mini games I saw a lot of "disadvantageous behaviour" of the fruits. One example is - fireflies. If you have two red fruits positioned next to one firefly-glass and you try to remove all red fruits by a rainbow-booster: in a "winnable game" you remove two fireflies, in a "not winnable" I often saw you get only one. Another example is that bombs (you created) sometimes do not appear in a not winnable game. Or suddenly a fruit was automatically removed without any logic behind. This MAY be glitches - but when I experience this, I think, okay, it's thought to be not winnable. The examples are variegated, I only pointed out some of them.

It's only a feeling for me, I don't know if my feeling is correct. And if you use boosters, the situation may change huge. And this would be absolutely correct.

To point it out, never I could say "this mini game is winnable" from the first sight, but sometimes I have the feeling I could say "it's not winnable".

Regarding the dog levels - I've to say wow! Rather rarely I could solve all of them without boosters. This is such a great information for me. It'll be my next challenge, to figure out how to play without using boosters at the end levels of dog training. I think that's a big point in this game that the borders of your own thinking/believing determine your kind of playing.

I completely get your attitude.
    Last edited by kali1; 11-18-2017 at 08:54 AM.

It cost 2 much gor coins. Reduce prices please?