View Poll Results: Does this game demand too much time and/or money?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 30.00%
  • No

7 70.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is This Game Too Demanding Of Time/Money?

Is This Game Too Demanding Of Time/Money?

I really enjoy the game, but progress is so slow, tedious and frustrating (it becomes really boring to have 40+ attempts at the same game). From the comments I've read on the forum, many other people feel the same.

At the moment this game appears to be catering for people who have either plenty of money to throw away or endless time and patience. The vast majority of us have neither or these. Most of us are prepared to either spend a little of either money or time for leisure time activities, but perhaps not the quantities of either demanded by this game.

I know there are lots of devotees who will argue against this, but I think they're are many more who have simply quit in frustration. Perhaps the developers are just a little too greedy?

The only reason that I haven't quit yet is that I find the game compelling, which is interesting in itself. I think perhaps that this game employs similar principles to those used in developing slot machines which are sophisticated and designed to be compulsive/addictive.

BTW - I'm at Level 510 and have been playing for a few months.

These are my personal observations and are in no way meant to offend or disparage those players who are happy to spend either the time or money necessary to progress in this game.

Do you agree?

I am at 1676 level and i cannot agree with You. I am playing from very begining and never spend any cash for this game. Devs are not too greed imao cause game is totally free to play. You are not forced to pay its Your own decisions. Ofcourse if You want to pass game fast You might be frustrated.
    I agree there are some people who uninstall the game cause of rage but there are easier ones of Gardenscapes are too hard for them. For a lot of folks, included me, Gardenscapes are not so though game. I ve been never stuck on any level but i agree it takes a time to pass all possible levels. But i dont played a lot, You know, work, husband etc. All You really need is luck and patience. Game should bring You fun and rest after bad day. For all people who still complaining i would like to say: stop be so nervous and start a think. They want make GS too easy (now its easier with all those events) but think that some player, again included me, loves the way GS are.

Camylie is right, the game has never actually been a pay2win game, as shown by the frustrated people who pay lots and don't win.
    It is also not a slow-free game, since the combination of the story levels and the events ensure you have quite a lot of things to do in one session, and if you do get a streak of wins, the garden does change pretty fast.
    The people who complain are usually those who believe that problems can be bypassed by paying, but this game requires levels to be completed properly, and nobody can pay to skip (yet, it could change for the worse if more people keep harassing the devs to do things for them instead of actually playing the game).
    Of course the game has microtransactions, but they are completely optional and not required to win a level.

I think, if soo much people would be complaining, Gardenscapes had never been choosen for the "Game of the Year". It's such a wonderful creative game, I agree with Camylie and Sage Mage.

I haven't count, but I was never ever in need of 40 attempts. Never stucked without paying, close to level 900 atm. You get so much of coins through the events, what do you do with all that?? After the last dog event I had almost 30 000 coins (not via this event only). Absolutely no need to invest money, but there is a need to think about a strategy a bit. I think, lot of people don't want to think. ??
    Last edited by kali1; 09-23-2017 at 06:33 PM.

I agree with Squeaker

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakerD View Post
    I really enjoy the game, but progress is so slow, tedious and frustrating (it becomes really boring to have 40+ attempts at the same game). From the comments I've read on the forum, many other people feel the same.

At the moment this game appears to be catering for people who have either plenty of money to throw away or endless time and patience. The vast majority of us have neither or these. Most of us are prepared to either spend a little of either money or time for leisure time activities, but perhaps not the quantities of either demanded by this game.

I know there are lots of devotees who will argue against this, but I think they're are many more who have simply quit in frustration. Perhaps the developers are just a little too greedy?

The only reason that I haven't quit yet is that I find the game compelling, which is interesting in itself. I think perhaps that this game employs similar principles to those used in developing slot machines which are sophisticated and designed to be compulsive/addictive.

BTW - I'm at Level 510 and have been playing for a few months.

These are my personal observations and are in no way meant to offend or disparage those players who are happy to spend either the time or money necessary to progress in this game.

Do you agree?
    I am on level 811 and I’ve now spent over 50 lives and 30,000 coins on it just that one level.. Whilst I don’t mind paying for extras in the game this is now just pure greed on behalf of the developers. Yes it’s a decent game and I realise that developers have to make money but when you think that it costs 900 coins to get 5 extra moves but the most you’re likely to win on an ordinary level is about 75 coins then it becomes more and more frustrating. I like decorating the garden but when a phone call costs 2 stars and it’s 4 stars to put a bit of ivy on the wall then it goes from being fun to annoying and, quite frankly, boring. I don’t have time to spend endless hours on the game and I don’t have endless amounts of money to throw at it. It’s taken me about a year to get to this level but, much as I like the light relief, it has now become a game that I can’t be bothered with due to the lack of progress. If you constantly fail at something there is no incentive to keep going and I’m pretty much there now. So yes, I think the balance has tipped from fun to tedious and frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Treezer Green View Post
    I am on level 811 and I’ve now spent over 50 lives and 30,000 coins on it just that one level.. Whilst I don’t mind paying for extras in the game this is now just pure greed on behalf of the developers. Yes it’s a decent game and I realise that developers have to make money but when you think that it costs 900 coins to get 5 extra moves but the most you’re likely to win on an ordinary level is about 75 coins then it becomes more and more frustrating. I like decorating the garden but when a phone call costs 2 stars and it’s 4 stars to put a bit of ivy on the wall then it goes from being fun to annoying and, quite frankly, boring. I don’t have time to spend endless hours on the game and I don’t have endless amounts of money to throw at it. It’s taken me about a year to get to this level but, much as I like the light relief, it has now become a game that I can’t be bothered with due to the lack of progress. If you constantly fail at something there is no incentive to keep going and I’m pretty much there now. So yes, I think the balance has tipped from fun to tedious and frustrating.
    Listen, i am chest levels player and i did it almost in same year as You did Your progress, never paid. Maybe has got more luck or patience but surelly not the time. Its all doable and like its been stated before i dont understand why people think that paying will solve all their problems. I am not suprised if You feel frustrating after paying and not winning. Gardenscapes is the most free to play game i ve ever seen and trust me ive been playing at much games. It get me sad when people wanna forced devs to change a game for worse. No ideas no visions only complaing.

@Treezer Green: You could post a screenshot of level 811 (in the tips & tricks forum), so we could look together, what's the problem. Another idea: could it be a bug? For instance, if you should collect 60 apples and in every game there are less than 60 available, it has to be a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Camylie View Post
    Listen, i am chest levels player and i did it almost in same year as You did Your progress, never paid. Maybe has got more luck or patience but surelly not the time. Its all doable and like its been stated before i dont understand why people think that paying will solve all their problems. I am not suprised if You feel frustrating after paying and not winning. Gardenscapes is the most free to play game i ve ever seen and trust me ive been playing at much games. It get me sad when people wanna forced devs to change a game for worse. No ideas no visions only complaing.
    Camylie, I think you must be a very skilled player - much more skilful than me and most others. I think that what may be easy for you may be quite difficult for me and many other people as not everyone has the same level of skill or capability :-). We are not trying to 'force' the developers to change the game, merely expressing our opinions in an open forum. With greatest respect

@SqueakerD: With respect too (and 'cause I don't understand): Why one is going to a game, which is too difficult (I can't imagine, but you say it), and trying to change the core of the the game instead of playing an 'easier' one?

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakerD View Post
    Camylie, I think you must be a very skilled player - much more skilful than me and most others. I think that what may be easy for you may be quite difficult for me and many other people as not everyone has the same level of skill or capability :-). We are not trying to 'force' the developers to change the game, merely expressing our opinions in an open forum. With greatest respect ������
    Skills mostly has less mean in GS like its been said in some other thread. Perhaps luck. But i am respect Your opinion and dont feel attacked because i was writting about more players with tendention to complaining. I just like difficulty as it is but at homescapes got less luck or the difficulty is higher but its ok for me.
    I am understand for someone GS might be too hard but there are really a milion ways to passing levels without paying. Just like Kali said share us with level which You cannot pass we will try to help.