Thread: To Sail Or Not To Sail

To Sail Or Not To Sail

This is somewhat related to this thread, though my question is about opening the islands. I'm currently at level 40 and my question is if I don't buy / open the other islands like tropical isle or fisherman isle (or the other succeeding isles), will there be plane and train orders coming from those isles?

Sorry if this has been asked before, too lazy and sleepy to use the search function lol

Unfortunately it works like factories you can buy but didn't, you'll start seeing requests in trains, planes, for items from islands, and items produced with the islands goods (like banana bread - lvl41).
    If you reached a level in which you could be able to produce an item, you will get requests for that item, regardless if you have the islands unlocked, or factory built.

Edit: if you're not ready to unlock an island, or just don't want to (due to lack of coins/materials), you can postpone it, and keep and eye out for those item in the market, or use Raja to get them, until you're ready to sail to that island.
    Last edited by dreadnought; 09-22-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Hi Jary

You will see requests for islands products in your train. The plane will mostly ask products made with these islands products.

Oooppsss. Too slow... was talking to DH

Hi Jary,

My co-op leader (level 56) bought 2 islands only; frutus isle & olivia isle. She says she has no plans on buying tropica & fishermen's isle (even though it's already unlocked at her level) & what she has observed is that she never gets a train or plane order from those 2 islands, but she can see products from them on the helicopter orders.

I've also noticed that when you unlock a factory (but don't have the population to build them), I only see the items made in those factories at the helicopter orders & not on a train or plane. So I haven't built the asian restaurant, but I see the sushi, baked lobster, etc all the time on the heli. But never on the plane or train.

I could be wrong, my memory's not that good anymore, but I'm fairly certain about it.

When i unlocked the plastics factory, didn't buy it immediately, and the same day i leveled up the plane asked me for plastic bottles. When i saw that this is the way it goes, i gave in and bought it (i was saving coins at that time for something else - zoo? islans? don't know..)

Thanks for your insights guys, much appreciated

I'm level 53, and I only have the first two islands.

Reasons being: I need my expansion tools in town, sail time is waaaay too long, I want to spend my coin elsewhere, and coconut mystery task would suuuuck :')

I've had zero issue with planes/trains/helis. I bought some coconut macaroons from the market when I first reached that level (couple weeks back?), and apart from giving some to someone else in a help, I've still got the darn things takin up barn space.
    Same with pineapple sorbet. Bought a few from the market; not needed them yet.
    I had a heli ask for bananas yesterday, could have just deleted it, but by a happy twist of fate, my market had refreshed not five minutes before, and had bananas in it.
    I've had no need for coconuts or pineapples.
    I just went to 52 a few days ago (which I think is fish level) and 53 last night (unlocks fish burgers) not had anything show up fish related.

I honestly don't see myself unlocking them until I'm in the hundreds, level-wise (although potentially age too, by the time I get there 😂)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    I honestly don't see myself unlocking them until I'm in the hundreds, level-wise (although potentially age too, by the time I get there ������)
    LOL @ the bracket remark!!

as so often, the behaviour seems to vary for players. Then one better - or when it happens - prepares for the worse case, i. e. being asked for the stuff. :-)

Traceville, please don't post co-op ads in unrelated threads. If everybody did this, the forum would become a complete mess. I for one, don't think it sends out a very good message for your co-op, especially when we need to be considerate of others, and mindful of the rules for posting.

I have all islands. The products made with the fish and tropical fruits sell for good coin in helicopter missions. Also trips to those islands are perfect for overnight, I sleep and my boats make the return trip.

I don't need all islands. Between my coop, friends and 300+ facebook friends and Raja's market search, I could always fill any train/plane/heli order without ever having access to any of the islands.

Some use the islands for regatta tasks. I rarely do so because of their longish duration, because I'm not yet upgrading the islands. But it's definitely a preferred task for some because it's an easy no hassle task.